Author Topic: is a yawn always tired??  (Read 1620 times)

Offline M&M's Ima

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 3
is a yawn always tired??
« on: December 01, 2005, 10:42:23 am »
ds slept about hr and a half, woke up, up for half hour.
then i walked with him into our room, still dark from his nap, and right before i opened the shades, he yawned!
does that mean i should put have put him to bed? (had to pick up brother from play group, so that wasn't an issue)
sometimes he yawns when waking up...?
what do you think?
My boys:
Angel four year old
Spirited two year old
Very Sleepy Baby

Offline Deb_in_oz

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 615
  • personal development blogger
is a yawn always tired??
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2005, 11:35:13 am »
i think it is the same as adults - sometimes when you wake in the morning doesn't it take you a while to get "going" and still yawning after being up for a while (but pre shower or coffee :lol: )  just my thought - don't know if it is correct though... i'd say after a 1.5 hr nap if he woke and was not crying when woke (usually a clearer sign that they are still tired) then just carry on with the next A time - it would also help to turn on the lights straight after nap time to get him transitioned to AWAKE vs nap time.

with younger babies it can be a sign of tiredness even after a 1hr 30 nap - don't want to confuse someone with a 4 week old...
Debra - a New Yorker living in Australia married to a Brit

dd1 - Textbook/Angel, born July 2003
dd2 - Spritied through & through, born Feb 2005

Check out my website:   Home Life Simplified
Like my Facebook page:  https://www.facebook.com/HomeLifeSimplified

Offline corrina01

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 84
  • Norfolk, UK
is a yawn always tired??
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2005, 12:51:11 pm »
My DD always yawns, when she wakes up after a 2hr nap, during feeding and playing. 

I always know when she is actually tired, because her little button nose always goes red and in between her eyebrows goes red.  Then I take her upstairs for a winddown routine which consists of me reading her a story, when she is bored, she rubs her eyes and looks at me with the glazed expression saying I'm tired. Then off to bed, she goes out like a light within 5 to 10 mins.
Corrina
Mum to Faith
A very spirited toddler with a touch of angel