Author Topic: Dream Feed Stopped Working  (Read 1104 times)

Offline Varnavas

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
Dream Feed Stopped Working
« on: December 03, 2005, 19:12:17 pm »
My daughter is just over three months.  We started her at one month with the dream feeds (or tanking her up) and she would sleep for 6-8 hours. Two weeks ago she started waking up once or twice at night but will go back to sleep after a 5-10 minute feed.  It started immediately after we moved her from a bassinet to the crib.  I'm not sure if there is a correlation with this or not, or it's something else. She is definately an angel baby.....thoughts? Or is it too early for me to expect her to go for ten hours.

Also, at what age/time should the dream feeds stop and she sleep through the night?

-Christine

Offline Katet

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 608
  • Sydney Australia
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2005, 03:14:14 am »
I'd say it is her 3month growth spurt...she is doing great if she was going 6-8 hours & I think you will probably be at that point for a couple of months yet... 8-10 is reasonable at around 6mo, but then wakeups occur for other reasons than feeding, so you may get 10 hours between feeds, but other wakeups for developmental reasons.

Try to up her calories in the day & keep the extra night feed as small as possible... if you bf offer feeds more frequently & if bottle, bigger feeds during the day. As I think it is a growth spurt that has gone a bit off track & she has subsituted some day calories for night.
dc1 July 03, dc2 May 05

Offline Varnavas

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2005, 15:41:07 pm »
Thank you. My first daughter (5 1/2)  arrived as a drama queen and continues to be so.....just wanted to make sure I keep this angel on track. 

This is a fabulous resource.....so glad you are out there to help us clueless moms.

Christine