Author Topic: Breakfast Ideas  (Read 2839 times)

Offline Koren

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
Breakfast Ideas
« on: December 05, 2005, 13:16:39 pm »
Hi,

My DD is 11 months old and I am running out of ideas to give her for breakfast. She doesn't want to eat the baby cereal anymore and dry cereal she mostly just throws on the ground. She eats alot of cheeze and bannas. I am looking for a little more variety.

Thanks,

Nechama

p.s. I am not in north america so no specific brandname products please
Ima to Chana

Offline evanskimberley

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 118
  • Kent, GB
Breakfast Ideas
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2005, 15:10:48 pm »
I started 'adult' cereal at that age. We've had rice puffs and corn flakes cereal with milk. She prefers it crunchy so i don't need to wait till it goes soggy.
Lots of people also use bran/wheat based cereals such as 'weetabix', do you have anything like that? Again, mixed with milk.
Kimberley

Offline cwolff

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 8
Breakfast Ideas
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2005, 19:00:30 pm »
You could also do yogurt mixed with fruit or veggies.  Or egg yolks crumbled up with toast & butter.  You could do tortillas (if LO can eat them) and cheese.  Or try peanut butter with toast & jam.

Offline alison toms mum

• Showing Appreciation 40
  • my little bundles of trouble
Breakfast Ideas
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2005, 11:21:10 am »
What do people with younger LOs do? Toms been on solids about 10 weeks but the only food he wont eat is baby cerial! so im giving him baby rice at breactfast. The hv told me to cut down on milk and increase solids because of toms size and apitite. He hardly drinks any milk in the morning (only about 4oz) but will wolfe down tons of baby rice 30 mins later! id like to give him something other than br that i can still put formula in (its my sneaky way o ensuring he gets enough milk in the am even if he wonmt drink it from a bottle! :wink: )
Alison

Offline Caroline-Charlies Mummy

• Showing Appreciation 315
  • Charles Arthur 23rd March 2005
    • Twitter
Breakfast Ideas
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2005, 16:09:11 pm »
Hi Alison, ds is on Heinz Organic Oaty Porridge (4 months+) every morning. I make it up with his formula (& add pureed prunes to keep things moving :P  :lol: ). Ds loves it, and it's a sneaky way of getting formula in without him noticing. :lol:

If he won't eat baby cereal like this, have you tried mixing it with pureed fruit? Ds also loves it mixed with pureed pears / apples / mango. I just make up a big batch, freeze in ice cube portions, and get one out every day to mix in with the porridge - he might prefer this?

HTH
Caroline :)

"Mama exhorted her children at every opportunity to 'jump at de sun.' We might not land on the sun, but at least we would get off the ground." -- Zora Neale Hurston

Offline alison toms mum

• Showing Appreciation 40
  • my little bundles of trouble
Breakfast Ideas
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2005, 19:12:59 pm »
Thanks, I think I'll try that ive mixed baby rice with fruit but nothing else, i tried him on banana cerial so maybe it was a disapointment after the real bannanary thing that he loves!! :D
Alison