Author Topic: Bottle weaning... it's driving me nuts!!  (Read 1047 times)

Offline Costarican mom

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 15
Bottle weaning... it's driving me nuts!!
« on: December 06, 2005, 00:44:40 am »
My son is 15 months old and loves his bottle!  To be honest, I personally have no problem with him drinking from it... I mean, he still looks like such a baby to me...I find he's too young to expect him to only drink from a cup.  BUT... always a but, my doctor said he should have left his bottle months ago...at one to be exact... so now I'm getting freaked out.  Thing is, I think the bottle obsession has a lot to do with the fact that he will not sleep thru the night...he wakes up twice, once around 1-2 am and then again at 4 am, both times for a bottle!  :shock:  He will scream his head off until he gets it, he drinks it and then he goes back to sleep.  It is driving me mad.  I know he's not hungry...he eats plenty during the day.  Plus, I'm worried about his teeth... I've heard so much about those night feeds being terrible on the teeth....
I use Avent bottles and switched the regular nipples for the sippy cup like tops this weekend...OMG!! He will not have his milk...thus, he will not go to sleep.  It is horrible.  So I ended up giving him his Nuby bottle, which to me, is exactly like any other bottle... since it's a nipple as well.  What should I do?  Should I just drop these efforts for now?  I just feel like such a failure...can't get him to sleep, can't get him to leave the bottle... probably won't be able to get him to potty train when it's time!  :shock:   I just feel like my Mom and MIL suggest one thing, the doc another.. and I'm in the middle of it all, not knowing what the heck to do!
HELP!!!!!!!

Offline Noelle

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 53
  • Eau Claire, WI
Bottle weaning... it's driving me nuts!!
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2005, 02:10:21 am »
HI!
Did you get my response on the other post?

:D
**Noelle**  Formerly JohnandZoesMom