Author Topic: Starting two solids, best time of day  (Read 1174 times)

Offline corrina01

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 84
  • Norfolk, UK
Starting two solids, best time of day
« on: December 07, 2005, 10:09:11 am »
My DD is on a 3.5hr EASY as she can only stay awake for a max. 1.30hr.  Her feed times are  7am, 10.30am, 2pm, 5pm and then 6.30pm (to top up) and finally 10pm. 

She is currently having solids at 10.30am (baby rice or rusk)  when is the best time to start to introduce some more solids.

Looking ahead, when she is on a 4hr EASY, (I would like to feed at 7am, 11am, 3pm and 7pm) she comes to expect milk before she goes to bed.  When I do give solids at teatime after her bath she will get so excited when she sees the bowl with her solids in, that she laughs and then puts her hands in her mouth with the food and it gets all over the place, how do I overcome this, when she has just had a bath.
Corrina
Mum to Faith
A very spirited toddler with a touch of angel

Offline PaulaP

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2005, 21:38:57 pm »
Hi Corrina,

What I have heard is that the best time for 2 solids (on the 4 hour easy) would be after the 11am bottle and after the 3pm bottle.  The say the reason for this is when they are on 3 meals a day it is easier to push the 11 solid to 12 for lunch and the same for after 3pm for tea.

Hope this information helps.

Paula

Offline corrina01

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 84
  • Norfolk, UK
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2005, 09:04:35 am »
Thanks for the info.
Corrina
Mum to Faith
A very spirited toddler with a touch of angel

Offline Hubbafer

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2005, 02:19:05 am »
I guess everyone is different, but we feed our 6 month old 3 times a day on solids.

4 hour feeding intervals...

8 AM - cereal, fruit puree, breastmilk
12:00 PM - veggie puree, breastmilk (or whatever we have opened from supper from the previous night)
4:00 PM - veggie/meat puree, fruit, breastmilk
8:00 PM - breastmilk

He seems to get more calories in him and this is what was suggested by our pediatrician. Not all moms need to follow this routine (every child is raised differently...and we all grow up ok!), but this is what works best for our 6 month old. His naps and night-time sleep is great!
"Lucas Francesco"
Born: May 23, 2005