Author Topic: Why are we having such a tough time converting to 1 NAP??!!!  (Read 1418 times)

Offline Poppy00228881072

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
Why are we having such a tough time converting to 1 NAP??!!!
« on: December 09, 2005, 21:48:31 pm »
Hi Ladies,

We have been doing EASY since my DS was 4 months old,

We are having a REALLY tough time at the moment, as I have been trying to put him down for 1 nap but he will only sleep for 1hr 20min MAX!!!!!,

Our day goes something like this:

6am Bottle
7.30 Wake
8am Breakfast
10.30 Snack
11.30 Lunch
12pm Nap
1.20 Wake (THIS IS THE PROBLEM!!)
2.30 Snack
5pm Dinner
7.30 Bottle/Bed

My DS used to have naps at 10.30 and 2.30, but he started fighting the 10.30 one, so I have been trying for 1 nap, but it's really NOT WORKING for us at all!!,

Here are the Questions!!:

Is my DS getting too much nighttime sleep?

Should I put him down for an 11am Nap and 2.30?

Should I keep the 1 nap of 1hr 20min?

He wakes up really crying so I don't think that this is working for him, should I stick to 2 naps until he's older????

So many questions with no-one to help!,

I would be so greatful if anyone can!!!!!,

Take Care,

Shaz and Shady 14 Months x
Baby i love you,
you are my life,
my happiest moment aren't complete with you not by my side,
You are my angel, sent down to me,
I deep in love with you, i'll never leave,
i can't do this thing called life without you here with me xxxx

Offline Mum to Ella Rose

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 275
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2005, 05:35:10 am »
How long have you been trying for the one nap? I don't have much experience with this but we have recently gone down to one nap and it's still only every second or third day we get a 2 + nap... in fact we're having a bit of an issue with the 45 minute mark again though if I can shush her back down she'll extend it. I think it takes some time and can be a bumpy ride!

Sharon
~Sharon~  proud Mummy to

Ella Rose November 20, 2004
Alexander James March 19, 2008

Lan

« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2005, 05:43:33 am »
Did you change the morning nap from 10.30 to 12 all in one go, or did you do it gradually? If you tried to keep him awake the extra 1.5 hours too quickly he could be overtired by the time he has his nap, and wakes early. It might be better to move the morning nap back slowly, and also put him to bed 30 mintues earlier too. It takes a while to transition to 1 nap, my son took about 2 months!

Offline Fiona (Leah & Kians Mom)

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 84
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2005, 19:57:11 pm »
My dd used to have a nap for 45 mins at 10.00am, when she started taking longer to settle for her afternoon nap I started to cut back on the morning nap, 5 mins every 3 or 4 days until it became 30 minutes including the time it took her to fall asleep. When she finally was awake more than asleep during these 30 minutes I cut it out and moved her pm nap foward by about 40 mins and lunch too. It does take them a while to go back to 2 hours at lunch time so you will have a cranky baby for a while, earlier bed time, quiet time in the morning when nap time used to be watching a dvd or a walk if it doesnt send them to sleep. Good Luck,
Fiona

Offline Kori

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 2
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2005, 03:09:38 am »
When do most of your children take their naps? We are having the same problem with a small nap. Sometimes we get almost 2 hours but that is the longest. We did have a period of a month where we went back to 2 naps but now she kind of went back to one on her own and again smaller nap.

Offline Poppy00228881072

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2005, 10:25:49 am »
Hi,

Shady has a nap at about 12.30ish, I have tried putting him back to 2 naps, but he is not having any of it!,

He fights the early nap, and fights the afternoon one, so ends up with no nap rather than one of 1hr 20min,

We are going to stick to the 1 nap and see how things go, hopefully he will get used to it and nap for longer as time goes by,

Thanks for all of your comments I really apprecitate the time you have taken in writing them all,

Take Care, and MERRY CHRISTMAS!,

Shaz and Shady x
Baby i love you,
you are my life,
my happiest moment aren't complete with you not by my side,
You are my angel, sent down to me,
I deep in love with you, i'll never leave,
i can't do this thing called life without you here with me xxxx