Author Topic: 2 naps to 1 QUESTIONS  (Read 1156 times)

Offline mommy2two

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 2
« on: December 11, 2005, 02:24:50 am »
my dd is 13 months old and lately has been taking her morning nap later and later.(not falling to sleep until after 10am for the past week), which is causing her afternoon nap to be too close to bedtime.  I am thinking she may be moving to 1 nap, at least for now. For those of you that have already gone through this or are currently going through it, I have a few questions:

1. what time does your child wake up in the morning usually.
2. what time do you feed your child a snack and lunch
3. Is lunch before or after the nap when they first start the transition.

any other helpful tips would be very apreciated.
Thanks!!!!!!

Offline LisaM

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 6
2 naps to 1 QUESTIONS
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2005, 10:29:52 am »
Hiya

My dd has been on one nap for a while now but it did take us a few attempts to really get there but now seems to be in a routine.

Wake up any time around 6ish
Nap - normally about 12 for 1.5- 2hours
Bedtime 7-7.30pm

She normally has early lunch as eats her breakfast about 7am so eats about 11.15ish but if she doesn't eat a lot I normally offer her something else when she gets up from her nap.

Offline Catharine

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 4
2 naps to 1 QUESTIONS
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2005, 11:42:25 am »
My dd moved to 1 nap in October (16mths) and it was quite erratic for a week or two, mainly because we were trying to figure out the signs. She cried going down for both naps and would cry when I woke her from her naps (was trying to keep her to a schedule); that's when we realised that she was ready.

She wakes up between 6-6.30am, has breakfast at 7am and snack around 9ish then lunch starts between 11.30-12pm.

Lunch is before her nap even at the beginning, but it would be ealier at 11am if she was really tired. At 11.30, she was too tired & cranky to eat. She would nap at 12pm for 2hours.

Now she naps at 1.15pm for 2 to 2 and a half hours (somedays an hr and a half but rarely).
Cheers,

Catharine