Author Topic: to dreamfeed or not??  (Read 850 times)

Offline sally & savannah

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
to dreamfeed or not??
« on: December 14, 2005, 22:00:31 pm »
Hi

I'm struggling a bit with night times at the mo and would really appreciate some advice.  Savannah is 6 mths old today!! and goes to bed at 7pm, if i dreamfeed her at 11ish this keeps her going through til about 4.30 - 5 ish but that results in her not wanting her morning feed til about 9.30am which puts us all out of synch for the rest of the day, however if i drop the d/f she wakes at about 1.30am and goes back down til about 7am where she will then take a morning feed.  Don't know whats best?!? will we ever get through the night??

What do you think?

love sally

Offline dd2flick

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 1
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2005, 23:36:01 pm »
Hi have you tried to do the dreamfeed earlier than 11pm, say 9.30-10pm and then lo will wake say around 3am and then be ready for morning feed. The otehr option is if wakes say around 4/5am then would you consider a dummy to make your lo last longer? You need to do what is right for you guys.
dianne

Offline Angel Face

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 1
to dreamfeed or not??
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2005, 16:54:46 pm »
Hi Sally,
Could I ask why her feeding at 9:30am doesn't work well for your schedule? Is it because of the 4 hour schedule to feed? The reason I ask is because DD does the same thing and she will eat around 4-5am and then not really want much until around 9am... even if she wakes up around 8am. And when she does eat she doesn't eat that well. I have actually been thinking about doing pu/pd to get her back to sleep at the 4-5am time instead of feeding her, but I am still deciding on this since I am working on other issues at the moment.
Anyways... when DD wakes at 8ish and doesn't eat until 9ish I then just move other feeds up to get her back on schedule. I know it isn't as the book says, but it works for me... so here is sometimes how it goes...
9am eat
10am - nap
11ish - eat again
1pm - eat
1:30pm - nap
4ish - wake up and eat again
6pm - eat
7:30 eat and off to bed
Sometimes we don't do the 6pm feed and feed her around 645 and off to bed earlier - depends on if she takes a cat nap or not.
The morning thing works well because she gets lot to eat after sleeping for so long and then she has a good amount to last her for a good long nap in the afternoon.
This works for us, it might not for you, but I thought I would at least let you know how I deal with the same problem.
HTH!
Rebecca
Mother to Madison Lyn & Justine Anna
DD#1: May 20, 2003
DD#2: August 3, 2005

"Behold, children are a heritage from the Lord,..." Psalm 127:3