Author Topic: Sample menus please  (Read 1421 times)

Offline i-wei

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 24
Sample menus please
« on: December 16, 2005, 14:58:53 pm »
LO is nearly 1yr.  Here is his typical daily menu since last week when he decided he wouldn't eat mush.

Breakfast - 3.5oz cow's milk made up with baby cereal or readybrek.  Fruit (half banana or half pear or whole necterine or whole clementine).

Lunch - 1 slice of wholemeal bread with some kind of spread or topping (dairylea or salmon & tomato paste or tomatoes and cheese topping). Small pot of yoghurt

Tea - potato or pasta or rice with at least 2 different veggies and fish or chicken or beef.  Fruit (as breakfast)

Milk - 8oz inbetween lunch and tea time and then 8oz before bed.

Does this sound OK to you? I am concerned about whether he's having enough veg and protein.  I think lunch can be improved but don't really know how.  Should I try offering the same kind of thing for lunch that I am for tea?

Ivy

Offline Samismum

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 3
Sample menus please
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2005, 00:16:03 am »
Hi.

Looks like ds is have a good variety and i would try not to worry too much,i think its better to look at intake over a week rather than a day and you would probably find they are getting the right amount.

Some days (3 per week) my ds gets the same for lunch and dinner when we dont have leftovers from the night before and i find this is a good way to get him to eat veggies.

Mashed pototoes with veggies (carrots,leek,cauliflower,zuccini) and roll into little balls so they can eat themselves is another great way to disguise veggies!!

HTH

Offline NikiB

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 17
  • Mum to Saskia, born 18-Jan-05
    • Cognitive Behaviour Therapy 24/7
Re: Sample menus please
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2006, 11:20:33 am »
You've probably extended your menus a bit by now, but you could try some egg for protein as well as different cheeses lke cottage cheese or ricotta. Also tofu goes down quite well, as does ready-made polenta fried in a little oil.
Niki