Author Topic: Is this ok? (Liz, Yorkshire girl daan saaf!)  (Read 1307 times)

Offline lizallan

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
Is this ok? (Liz, Yorkshire girl daan saaf!)
« on: December 20, 2005, 21:50:07 pm »
Hi there.

I'm new to this forum, but have been reading Tracey's latest book, and have put my 11-week old James on EASY. He's been doing really well during the day, but at night he tosses and turns in his crib so much. I get worried that he's not sleeping properly. It used to be that he was tossing and turning because he had a windy tummy and needed to poop, but I'm not sure what it is now, or whether it's normal for babies or not?

I know that babies spend 40-60% of their sleeping time in REM sleep, but does that mean that they are more likely to toss and turn then?

I just need to know whether I need to do something more?
He's been to see a cranial osteopath who told me that he'd had a lump on the back of his head from the birth trauma (Caesearian after 48 hours labour because the cord was wrapped around his tummy) which had been causing him a headache, plus there was something at the bottom of his skull that linked in with his digestive system that was also causing problems. She's cured the headaches for definite as he's a lot happier and very smiley now, but I'm not sure whether she's totally cured the tummy probs or not?

Any ideas please?

Thanks very much
Liz

Offline Katet

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 608
  • Sydney Australia
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2005, 00:23:11 am »
A lot of babies toss & turn & whinge (in their sleep) I remember my ds#2 did it for quite a while.

I think it is normal & he will have quieter sleep as he gets older
dc1 July 03, dc2 May 05

Offline lizallan

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2005, 09:59:38 am »
Thanks very much for your response - the last couple of nights have been better and he's slept through to 5am without much tossing and turning. I think he could be teething now as he's biting his hand and drooling quite a lot. Maybe that has been bothering him during the night.