Author Topic: I need a routine please!!!  (Read 1123 times)

Offline Mom2X&F&V

• Love 2B a mommy
  • BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 14
  • They are huge now!!!
« on: December 21, 2005, 00:47:09 am »
Hi there hope anyone can help. My dd is an everyday a new routine baby and I canŽt handle that, I need to put her in a routine. She is not a great eater at all, though she has no problems with sleeping naps (somedays) and sleeping through the night, but she never seems hungry.
Here is what IŽve tried:
8 am bottle (ok just 6 oz)
9 am solids (no way she eats them)
   -IŽve tried the other way too and half an hour later too
10: 15 nap (1.30 to 1.45 or 2)
12 bottle (ok sometimes 4 oz or 6 if not solids)
1 solids (ok sometimes 2 to 4 oz)
   -Sometimes I switch procedure, sometimes she wonŽt eat solids
2 pm nap (1.30 to 1.45 or 2 hours)
4 bottle (2 oz) If I feed more she gets angry or when she wants she can   have 6, but then...
5 catnap
6 pm solids (2 or 4 oz) depends if she had 2 or 6 oz of formula at 4 pm if she had 6 she wonŽt have solids
7:30 or 8 Bottle (2 oz) if she ate solids, fall asleep completely if I wait till 8 an then she wonŽt drink more cause she is sleepy.
So... if I feed her at 6 pm she wonŽt have her  last bottle, and if I donŽt sheŽll be having solids once a day!
How can I deal with the 4 pm bottle it seems impossible for her to have it.

It seems that she thinks or solids or milk but not bothe... IŽve waited 1 hour between solids and milk, and half an hour and it is the same.
She dropped df and if I try she wonŽt take it and gets angry, she hates cereal... and she is a little refluxer but on correct meds.
Can someone please please please help me figure out what to do? I am the one who needs a routine or should I just follow her hungry and sleep cues with no routine?I am dealing with PPD so my life needs reassurance now... sorry that is a little long...

Offline LindseysMom

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 9
  • Lincolnton, NC, USA
I need a routine please!!!
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2005, 01:25:57 am »
Hello there.  I really don't see anything "wrong" with her schedule.  Right now formula is the most important thing for her anyway so offer the solids like you are doing about an hour after milk and try not to worry too much if she does not take to much.  Right now it is just for practice more so than anything.  If she is sleeping well at night and napping well then I think she is getting what she needs.  Just continue to offer the solids to her as you are and don't fret if she does not take to much.   I did not switch the order of milk and solids until Lindsey was 10 months old so you and she have plenty of time to get the hang of it.
Lynne
Registered Nurse now Sahm
Mom to Lindsey Elizabeth 10/28/04
Baby girl due December 8th

Offline Mom2X&F&V

• Love 2B a mommy
  • BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 14
  • They are huge now!!!
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2005, 01:47:02 am »
Hi and thanks... I do not say it is wrong, but the thing is that sometimes she wonŽt have milk at all for past 4 or 5 hours. Sometimes IŽll give it to her 5 hours later and then she doesnŽt want it either. So then 6 hours later and sometimes sheŽll have some and routine is now confusing to me. If I only give formula all day she still wonŽt eat her 4 pm formula, and sometimes at 7 she would only have 4 or 3 oz. So if you count the formula its 4 or 6 at 8 am, then 5 oz at 12, then 2 at 4 and then 3 or 4 at 7 pm and this way she does wake up during night, but I offer her bottle and still doesnŽt want it. So it would only be 14 or 15 oz a day. Sometimes I need to feed to sleep and then again I am always feeding to sleep due to her schedule. Any way thanks for telling me that she still is ok with few solids.  :lol: