Author Topic: Can you post your 7 month old routine from 8 am?  (Read 1335 times)

Offline Mom2X&F&V

• Love 2B a mommy
  • BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 14
  • They are huge now!!!
Can you post your 7 month old routine from 8 am?
« on: December 27, 2005, 03:12:30 am »
Hiya... Everyone´s easy starts at 7 am, but my dh and dd wake up at 7:30 and do not want to disturb her sleep, but I do want dd to go to bed before 8 pm so does anyone have any suggestion on this please? Another question... I know it its important to first give milk and then solids why is it? Dd is not a good eater and the only way she started to have milk again was giving it after solids is there any problem? otherwise she wont have milk at all.  thanks.

Offline Livingmom

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 1
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2005, 04:11:26 am »
Hello Sparklingeyes, probably can't help much with the schedule. On days that dh and I go to work--our day starts with lo at around 6:30 am. But on weekends and holidays--we get up around 7:30/8:00am. We have come to the point that we basically just follow a 4 hour routine from the time she wakes up so it looks something like this:

7:30 wake up/8oz. bottle
Activity
8:00 solids--fruit and rice
Activity
9:00/9:30--nap
11:00 6oz bottle
Activity
12:00 Lunch--veggies/fruits
Activity
1:00--Nap
3:30--6oz. bottle
Activity
5:00 Dinner
Activity/Bath
7:00 8oz bottle
7:30/8:00 bedtime

We, just this week, dropped the dreamfeed cold turkey and she sleeps through the night just fine--but she is hungrier in the morning (obviously).

As for the milk before solids thing--I think I have read that it doesn't really matter what order it comes--just that lo gets the nutrients that s/he needs. I could be wrong--though.

HTH a little.
Judy
Mom to Zoey (DOB 5/31/05) and Zander (DOB 7/24/07)

Offline HeatherC

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 79
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2005, 15:41:10 pm »
My dd has almost always been on an 8-8 schedule, which is fine by me b/c I like to stay up late and sleep in later.  She tends to wake around 7:30, and I start getting her up and changed around 7:45 so that we're eating around 8.  Anyway, as best as I can remember, our schedule at 7 months was probably like this:
8:00 solids then bottle
10-12 nap
12 solids then bottle
2-4 nap
4:00 bottle
5:30 solids (wanted her to get used to eating around the time I have dinner)
7:15 bottle
8:00 bed

Of course, naps weren't always 2 hrs long, but she went through a good spell of that.  If she didn't nap that long, she just has some more A time before the next feeding.  Since starting solids, she's done better to have them before the bottle.  If I noticed she wasn't finishing her bottles, I'd back off on the solids for a few meals until she got back on track.  Some babies do better with them together, so do better to space them out.  Mine wouldn't eat solids an hour after a bottle, and if she did, she'd spit up during a nap.
Kelsey, Feb. 4, 2005
Landon, Jan. 2, 2007

Offline Noelle

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 53
  • Eau Claire, WI
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2006, 17:46:21 pm »
HI - you should be able to find more schedules here  :D

http://www.babywhisperer.com/forum/sample-easy-routines-6-12-months-vt10386.html

Also...no problem starting the day at 7:30  :D   Both of my kiddos went to bed at 7pm.  When I work, days start at 6:30.  On days I don't, I let Zoe sleep in (she slept til 9:30 this weekend  :shock: ).  I just tweak EASY to make sure she has enough A time to be tired at 7  :D
**Noelle**  Formerly JohnandZoesMom