Author Topic: 4 Hour EASY?  (Read 1421 times)

Offline KellyC

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 217
4 Hour EASY?
« on: December 27, 2005, 23:27:10 pm »
Hi

My LO is almost 4 months old and doesn't seem particularly hungry every 3 hours but can still only stand being awake for between 1 hour 10 and 1 hour 20.  Should I be trying to extend his awake times in order to gradually progress onto a 4 hour EASY?  How on earth do you keep a tired baby awake when they're crying for sleep?!

Thanks
Kelly x

Mummy to Zander (2005), Nathaniel (2007) and Caleb (2009)

Offline KellyC

4 Hour EASY?
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2005, 11:04:16 am »
Thanks

I did try to extend his first awake time today but without much success.  It doesn't help that the first nap of the day is always 45 minutes - anybody else have this?

Kelly x

Offline Mom2katiebug

• Showing Appreciation 151
4 Hour EASY?
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2005, 21:02:40 pm »
Kelly - A lot of the time Katie seems content to go 4 hours too.  She's quite a bit younger than Zander and 4 hr EASY will be too much for her.  But, sometimes she just doesn't want to eat after 3 hours.  So she'll take a light feed and then be starving in a couple of hours and take a huge feed.  I was thinking of trying a 3hr 15min or 3hr 30 min EASY with her but haven't put pen to paper to see what that means.
"Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you also have an obligation to be one."  - Eleanor Roosevelt

Offline sarah brown

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 0
4 Hour EASY?
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2005, 21:05:12 pm »
Hi, I've been trying to put Ollie (23 wks) on the 4 hour easy for the past 2 and a half weeks, and I am struggling with it, The morning we start off great, he wakes 7ish take 7oz feed and rusk, he is ready for a sleep by 8.45 but I have to do school run with my DD so not back in the house till 9.00,  I can get 1 and 1/2 hour sleep if I go in at 45 mins and shush pat, wakes at 10.30.  I then try to feed at 11 and he will only take 4 or 5 oz this then throws out the rest of his feeds for the day (I usually try to get the rest down him for the whole hour with no luck)

Now because he has only had 1.30 mins sleep he is tired after an hour and a half again so wants to sleep at 12.00  so to cut a very long story short what starts in the morning as a 4 hour easy gradually becomes a 3 hour easy!!!! I have tried to move by 15 mins but find he then gets over tired and fights sleep and my main frustration at the moment is everyone (by that I mean family and friends) have an opinion and I am sick of hearing how I should be doing it, the best one was my mother-in-law who suggested I keep him going all day without a sleep to make him go through the night, I might keep that for plan B(just kidding):D Stick with it and I hope it gets better for you (and me ) soon.

Sarah
Mum to Amy Rose and Ollie

Offline KellyC

4 Hour EASY?
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2005, 21:18:31 pm »
Hi guys

I might get out a pen and paper in a minute and see how I might work around the 45 minute am nap etc.  DH already thinks I'm loopy as he keeps finding pieces of paper with E A S written all over them!

My FIL said the other day that I don't want to let him sleep during the day as I want him to sleep at night and my SIL said I should let him scream as he'll soon have enough and stop!

Zander is currently sleeping unswaddled for the first time as he's started waking up in the night anyway - wish me luck for tonight, I may not care about the 4 hour EASY by morning!!

Kelly x

Offline Mom2katiebug

• Showing Appreciation 151
4 Hour EASY?
« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2005, 02:54:16 am »
Kelly - Super Good Luck to you and keep us posted on what you're doing and how it's working.  I'm a few weeks behind you and eager to learn all I can!
"Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you also have an obligation to be one."  - Eleanor Roosevelt