Author Topic: Moving to 3.5hr EASY to 4hr EASY (long winded be warned)  (Read 1104 times)

Offline corrina01

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 84
  • Norfolk, UK
Moving to 3.5hr EASY to 4hr EASY (long winded be warned)
« on: January 03, 2006, 11:22:20 am »
My DD is now staying awake between 1.50hr to 2hr (ever since she cut her 2nd tooth, on Xmas day).  I want to move her to a 4hr EASY.  She is starting to take a 45 min nap in the morning when I put her to bed at 9am.  I know she wants some more sleep, but PU/PD only frustrates her more, so by 10.15am she is in a full blown cry, so I get her up, unswaddle her and she is as happy as larry. 

She is still a good sleeper at nights, sleeping anywhere between 11 and 12 hours a night.

Within 15 mins she is fussing for food, so I give her her food, so then we are on a 3.5hr EASY again.

I know she is teething yet again, as she has all the usual signs, red cheeks, chewing on everything in site.

The question is should I stick to a 3.5hr EASY while in teeth are coming in and know she will get some decent naps, or move to a 4hr EASY

Heres our  typical schedule at the moment

7am   Feed 6oz
9am   Nap  (45min sometimes I can get 1.30hr)
9.45   Wake, won't go back to sleep
10.15  Get up
10.30  fussing for feed,  Feed Solids (2tbsp) and 6oz
12.00 - 12.15 nap  1.30 - 2hrs  (normally 1.45)
2.00 - 2.15pm  wake up happy
2.30 fussing for feed,  Feed 6oz
4.00pm Nap  45 mins-1hr
4.45  Wake up happy
5.00  Solids (2tbsp) milk taken from 3oz and the rest to wash it down
6.15 Bath
6.30 - 6.45 Feed 5oz
7.00pm bed
10pm DF 4-5 oz

Sleeps through till 5.30am when I have to go and put dummy in and she will sleep till 7am

Sorry its a bit long winded, and thank you for making it this far.
Corrina
Mum to Faith
A very spirited toddler with a touch of angel

Offline Deb_in_oz

• Showing Appreciation 615
  • personal development blogger
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2006, 11:37:36 am »
i think your day looks good - i woudl not stress about having some 3.5 and some 4hr cycles. if she is hungry feed her (if she was feeding ever 2-2.5 hrs I woudl probably comment but not 3.5 - 4hrs.) whether it is teething or anything else, if she is hungry a 1/2 hr 'early" i woudl go with the flow on that.  some days she might not want food at 4 hrs either and you will need to follow that cue too KWIM  :D

i she is waking after 45 min for the first nap and is still tired  have you considered keeping that first A tme a little shorter still? if she is just now at 1hr 50-2hrs maybe try 1hr 45 for first A time and see if she is that little bit less "over"tired and sleeps straight through 2 cycles.  if she wakes happily after 45 min i woudl not worry TOO much at 6 mo old as long as she continues to nap well for the middle of the day nap.
Debra - a New Yorker living in Australia married to a Brit

dd1 - Textbook/Angel, born July 2003
dd2 - Spritied through & through, born Feb 2005

Check out my website:   Home Life Simplified
Like my Facebook page:  https://www.facebook.com/HomeLifeSimplified

Offline corrina01

• Showing Appreciation 84
  • Norfolk, UK
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2006, 11:44:15 am »
Thanks for replying so quickly, I will take each day as it comes, whether it will turn out 3.5hr day or 4 hr day   :D
Corrina
Mum to Faith
A very spirited toddler with a touch of angel