Author Topic: Tummy Aches  (Read 671 times)

Offline Olivia's mum

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: January 05, 2006, 03:14:34 am »
My 5 mo old gets bad tummy aches and has lots of gas.  She cries in pain when she passes gas mostly in the evening when it is time for bed.  I can hear her passing gas throughout the night when she is sleeping and often wakes up when doing so....

I started her on cereal about a month ago and on fruit and veggies about 2 weeks ago - could this be adding to her gas problem?  She gets herself so worked up that she won't fall asleep until she has almost cried herself to sleep, even when I am holding her trying to console her.

I do the "bicycle" with her legs without much success......anyone have any suggestions?

Offline Katet

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 608
  • Sydney Australia
Tummy Aches
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2006, 09:56:56 am »
Some solids definitely gave my ds#1 bad gas & I have noticed pumkin does with my ds#2... I also know the younger a baby is the more likely it is to upset their tummy & cause gas...given your lo is only 5mo, I would cut back to just the cereal & see if that helps lessen it.

Are you bf or bottle? as if you are bf, it may also be food you are eating & for formula it might be worth trying another type.

HTH
dc1 July 03, dc2 May 05

Offline Olivia's mum

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2006, 15:26:41 pm »
Thanks for the response - I have switched formula about 6 times.  I have tried Good Start, Enfalac, Similac, Lactose Free, etc.....  She is on Enfamil now and seems to spit up the least with this brand.  She has always been a gassy baby, however, I think I will stick with just cereal for now. 

I have noticed since I have started with cereal, she seems to be less interested in the bottle.  Just this morning it took her almost 45 mins to eat her breakfast bottle...Is that strange?