Author Topic: 3 month old waking up multiple times during night-help  (Read 1782 times)

Offline jensnyder

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
3 month old waking up multiple times during night-help
« on: January 06, 2006, 20:14:10 pm »
My DD is 3 months old.  She has always been a good sleeper at night, only waking once per night.  I never had her on a specific schedule because of this.  I would feed her every three hours and put her to bed between 10-11p.  About 3 weeks ago, she started waking 2-3 times a night.  I am wondering if its too late to start with EASY? Here is her current approx schedule:
up between 8:30-9 eat between 9-9:30 eats  4-5 ounces
Nap between 10:15-11:00 lasting anywhere from 30 min to 1 hr 15 min.
Eat between 12:15-12:45 eats 4-5  nap about 1 or 1:30 nap lasting anywhere from 2 1/2-3 1/2 hours.
Nap in evening anywhere between 5:15-6pm lasting 30-45 minutes.  Bath at 7, eat then bed at 8.  She is up again arounf 1a or 1:30 for about 4 ounces then again at 5-5:45a for another 4 ounces then back to bed until around 8:30.
She never gives me a problem going to sleep.  I lay her in her crib still drowsy and she falls asleep on her own(with pacifier).  I am concerned that she is beginning to wake up more frequently but not sure if I should start this program, any advice?

Offline Aarismom

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 13
3 month old waking up multiple times during night-help
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2006, 00:51:57 am »
It sounds like she's waking because she's hungry, which is perfectly normal for a 3 month old. Usually at that age lo's will wake anywhere from 0-2 times a night for a feed.

If she's waking at the same time every night, you might have a night waking on your hands. However, the fact that she's eating a normal meal tells me she's probably hungry for it. Best advice, start doing a dreamfeed at around 10-11 pm (prolly closer to 11). She will probably wake again somewhere between 2 and 4 for another feeding. Hopefully that will hold her off after that feeding until she gets up. If she wakes at 1 again, try soothing back to sleep using the paci, or whatever method you use.

The dreamfeed will help you have a little more control over her night feed schedule. She still needs at least 2 feedings a night, she may need that for a few more months.

Hope this helps!

*HUGS*
Sonya =P

Texbook/Angel LO
April 26, 2005