Author Topic: What did your toddler eat today?  (Read 177925 times)

Offline Carter'sMama

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 45
  • Windsor, Canada
Re: What did your toddler eat today?
« Reply #1005 on: August 05, 2007, 01:19:57 am »
A PEN!!  (among other things!)  He was covered in blue ink!  All over his arms and legs and face for that matter.  I feel bad because I wasn't watching him very closely as I was on here!

This looks like a fun thread!  My toddler is a super huge eater!  As long as it is not veggies that is!

Today he ate:

Breakfast:  Cereal with milk, and orange juice

Snack:  Homemade banana oatmeal muffin, a mango, 2 sippy's of water (8oz)

Lunch:  box of raisins, 3 crackers, soft taco (from taco bell  :-[ ... we were out doing errands), water

Snack:  homemade applesauce, water

Dinner:  pork loin, roast potatoes, tomatoes (quite a few actually ... this is the only "veggie"  he will eat), milk, and peach pie for dessert.

This was an ok day for him!
Cathy - Mama to:
Carter Luke - March 29, 2005
Mason Henry - April 7, 2007
Daphne Catherine Grace - May 30, 2010

Offline aisling

• Yoda
  • Administrator
  • Showing Appreciation 494
« Reply #1006 on: August 05, 2007, 12:15:34 pm »
Cathy, LOL at eating a pen!

Stacy:  Try the alfalfa sprouts, they are "lawn food" lol, but so healthy and small, fine enough, not to get them worried that it is too much "green" in there.  Nello loves salad, so I tell him it's salad.  LMAO at shutting up your Mum with the cheesies!  This is the reason I got those mini cones!  My Mum was obsessed with getting him to eat ice cream ! (he wouldn't eat it in the past)  So she bought those small cones and thought they were the bees knees and made sure I was well aware at how small they were and it won't harm him having a wee cone everyday at her house, it is summer you know, she says!  ::)  So at home I give him the yogurt cones as I know she will always give him ice cream and he goes to her house at least 2x a day.  (2 doors away)  Her next food item goal to get him to eat:  Jell-o! (Jelly)  ??? ::) He refuses everytime.

I wish Nello would eat fruit like Kaleb.  What child does not like strawberries or grapes?  He only eats pineapple, melon and raspberries.

We are off to DH's family reunion all day "catered" Italian picnic today,  ::) 8)so we'll see what gets eaten today!  Bringing boiled eggs, that's for sure in case!  ;D

Aisling x

Offline legend_018

• Showing Appreciation 21
  • I love bath time!
« Reply #1007 on: August 05, 2007, 22:54:42 pm »
Well tonight, I made my shrimp and scallop dinner over spagetti. I decided not to even cook anything separate for Chayse figuring she could pick on the spagetti. She did eat some of the spagetti. We also gave her some shrimp and scallops and mushrooms from the dinner. She wouldn't try anything, but did manage to try the scallops. It was nice and soft and she actually liked them. They were cut into smaller bite size pieces and she ate a few of them.

But anyways, usual day for the most part.

1. 6 oz jar of granola cereal from jar
4 oz sippy milk

2. 3 out of 4 waffle sticks. There the frozen ones that you toast. Some strawberries
Also: While shopping, some cheese from the deli and a few bites of an apple, which I saw her spitting out mostly. I think she just likes to bite into it and spit it out because she keeps biting it when she has apples. Also 4 oz sippy milk.

3. Lunch: tried this new fajita thing that I saw at the store. It's all rolled up. I forget the name. It had chicken and cheese in it wrapped around flour tortilla. She did start taking a bite, but than didn't want any. She had previously been eating some bananna and she didn't anymore of that either

4. Supper: The noddles and the scallops. I didn't think she eat a TREMENDOUS amount of spagetti, but she did eat it. Than 5 oz sippy milk.

Than an hour later she was so so so so sooooooooo crabby. I gave her the night time milk sippy and she drank most of it. I think it holds a good 9 or 10 oz. She must of drank at least 6 oz of it.

A cookie and some fishies for snacks earlier.
Chayse was born March 28, 2006
Chaunda was born August 13, 2007

Offline legend_018

• Showing Appreciation 21
  • I love bath time!
« Reply #1008 on: August 06, 2007, 21:02:12 pm »
The liliepie ticker doesn't update for chayse. Strange.
Anyways - I don't know if it's something I'm doing wrong or what.
Today, I was going to see if she wanted to have some of our dinner. I was planning on starting it around 4:30pm so it could be ready around 5:30pm. Well around 4:20pm - she started whining a little and was over by her booster chair. Which, lately has been a sign that she wants to sit in it. I had to give in and give her the same old canned noodles I always give her. I also cut up carrots into VERY small pieces and RED peppers into strips. She did seem to eat some of the red pepper. But - I just wouldn't of thought she would of been ready to eat at 4:20pm based on today. Here is today

6:45am - 6 oz jar of oatmeal with pears "jar food from gerber" plus 4 oz sippy milk
9:30 ish - scrambled eggs and picked on a strawberry or 2. Plus 4 oz sippy milk about an hour later or so
2:45pm ish "after nap" - some left over spagetti from dinner last night. I let her just eat it with her hands. 1/4 of a popcycle. Oh and I think she had a few bites of a bannana. I don't even think it was 1/2 of a bannana
4:20pm - Explained above.  Plus her 5 oz milk sippy after supper. I was really hoping to hold her off for supper until we ate. Or I should say until I ate, since DH decided to go work on some side project at someones house that he's been working on and said to save him dinner.

One cookie and maybe 2 little fishies through out the day.

Actually, I don't think she ate like someone who was starving today, but did pretty good I guess. Better than not eating at all.

dinner tonight is parboiled green beans and than pan fried with lemon pepper seasoning and olive oil.
breaded lemon/pepper chicken. Red potatoes. Now she'll never eat any of it now or try.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2007, 21:12:29 pm by legend_018 »
Chayse was born March 28, 2006
Chaunda was born August 13, 2007

Offline Debram

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #1009 on: August 08, 2007, 10:17:43 am »
weetabix with mashed banana and milk, toast, milk in a cup
snack - box of raisins, rice cakes, water
lunch - homemade fish pie with potato topping and green beans,
( fish pie is a real fav, just poach some fish, cod, haddock or salmon or a mixture in a little milk with a bay leaf, for about 5 mins, let it cool a little in the milk. then melt 1 oz butter in pan, add 1 oz flour stir till smooth paste, then slowly mix in a little of the cooking milk into the pan until you have used about 1/2 pint. Slowly heat the mixture stiring all the time until sauce comes to simmer and thicken. Sometimes I add a little cheese. then place the drained fish in the bottom of a casserole dish, add one hard boiled egg chopped up, some dill, parlsey and chives some frozen peas and then poor over the sauce, top with mashed potatoe and a little parmesan then bake for 30 mins. Lovely for all the family. Can be frozen.

snack - milk in a cup breadsticks, grapes

supper - homemade butternut squash rissotto, half a pear
 (cut in half the squash, bake in oven at about 200 until soft and slightly brown. make a basic rissotto with garlic and onion and a little chicken stock, once rice is cooked stir in the flesh from the squash and a hand full of cheese.

Fav's are, chicken breast strips flattened and coated with egg and matzo meal then pan
pan fried tuna, served with steamed green beans that I finish in the pan with some oilve oil and chopped tomato
fried until golden brown, served with mash and peas
cottage pie, served with brocoli trees
roasted veg pasta with feta
chilli con carne, without chilli use, half a teaspoon of ground cumin, coriander and paprika to flavour but no heat, serve with baked potato or rice and little cheese

Offline IndiaJenn

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 1
« Reply #1010 on: August 10, 2007, 09:28:12 am »
So far today (it's just after lunch) our ds had:

pre-breakfast snack (breakfast isn't ready until 7:30)
- 3/4 cup milk with "Horlick's Jr" (a multivitamin-enriched malted milk drink)
- 1 banana

breakfast
- potato curry - basically boiled potatoes and spices in gravy (1/2 cup or a bit more)
- 1 chapatti (Indian whole wheat flatbread - kind of like half a pita)

morning snack
- 1 chapatti with peanut butter & jam
- water

lunch
- tamarind rice (boiled rice mixed with tamarind and spices - no chili) - about 1 cup
- pea & potato curry 1/4 cup
- strawberry-banana yogurt smoothie - 1/2 cup

Pretty heavy on bread & potatoes, but that's life here...

Dinner won't be any surprise - it'll be dal (lentil curry) and rice, though we'll throw in some spiced  mutton patties as a treat. As for afternoon snack, I'd usually give him a mango, but the season is ending and bananas are all we can get - hopefully new fruit will come in soon.

Offline NiknLily

• Showing Appreciation 82
« Reply #1011 on: August 10, 2007, 18:00:44 pm »
IndiaJenn, its really cool to see what your LO eats :) 

Would you have a recipe for a mild creamy/coconut type curry.  I'm not too hot on what spices to use but do like to use spices rather than any type of powder mix, since having Lily I'm much more into making things from scratch so you know just what they are getting but I used to be the packet mix/jar queen of cooking ;)  I have a recipe for a chickpea curry which Lily really quite liked, however it was mummys turn to shake her head and say "nah"  :P

Offline Colin Macs Mom

• Queen B
  • Global Moderator
  • Showing Appreciation 854
« Reply #1012 on: August 10, 2007, 18:05:50 pm »
oooohhhh ooohhhhh ooohhhhh!!!

If you look near the top of page 3 of this thread

https://babywhispererforums.com/index.php?topic=94282.30

There's a chicken coconut curry recipe that's fabulous. DH says it's now his favorite way to have chicken! It's very mild too, and you can adjust it with how much of the green curry paste you add.
Jessica
Mom to Colin Ronald, August 18, 2005
Spirited + Reflux =  :o

Offline NiknLily

« Reply #1013 on: August 10, 2007, 19:06:45 pm »
LOL, LOL colin mac's mom, wish I'd asked sooner.  Will have a look at it thanks  :) It must be a favourite if you can remember the page number that far back   ;)

Offline NiknLily

« Reply #1014 on: August 10, 2007, 19:23:21 pm »
Found it, it does sound good and quick to cook too. I'm wondering if it will work without fish sauce, Lily likes fish but I'm veggie and have never really liked fish.  I will give it a go.
Thanks

Offline Colin Macs Mom

• Queen B
  • Global Moderator
  • Showing Appreciation 854
« Reply #1015 on: August 10, 2007, 20:36:54 pm »
Yeah, I have no idea why it's called fish sauce because it doesn't taste anything like fish. Hold your nose though, it smells AWFUL!
Jessica
Mom to Colin Ronald, August 18, 2005
Spirited + Reflux =  :o

Offline Shdef

• Showing Appreciation 419
« Reply #1016 on: August 12, 2007, 14:55:50 pm »
Yesterday

B: Full English Breakfast
L: Fish and Chips
S: two bags of crisps
D: Chinese Takeaway

okay, that was a joke

B: 2 slices of wholemeal toast with jam
L: toddler size plate of homemade spaghetti bolognese with peppers
S: two pears and some grapes
D: cereal with whole milk, some cucumber

Getting better :)

Offline Ennypen

• Showing Appreciation 1033
  • My family x
    • my facebook
« Reply #1017 on: August 12, 2007, 16:05:40 pm »
Today Wooey has had...

Breakfast.. 2 weetabix and a large banana with a beaker of apple juice

Lunch .. Cheese toastie followed by fromage frais

Snack... strawberries

Tea.. he will be having lamb and vegatables with carrot and swede mash.. hope he will eat it lol..

H xxx

Offline Grace's Mom

• Showing Appreciation 142
  • Oh Trader Joes, How I Love You
« Reply #1018 on: August 12, 2007, 18:50:47 pm »
Breakfast: 5 Grapes, 2 cheerios (offered strawberries, whole wheat bagel) drank milk
Snack: Quick and on the way to church....a no spill cup of cheerios, 2 carrot wagon wheels and organic cheese crackers with carrot/mango/orange juice mixed with water
Lunch: 1/6 of a grilled cheese sandwich, 3 small spoonfuls of tuna fish
Snack: Yogurt
Dinner:  Not sure yet.

We are pretty much on a veggie strike over here.  She won't even eat pureed veggies now....and that's the only way I have been able to get them into her as of 12 months onward.
I am so in love with my husband and adore my precious Grace

Grace April 2006
Blog: http://graceadelyn.blogspot.com/

Offline Shdef

• Showing Appreciation 419
« Reply #1019 on: August 12, 2007, 19:18:03 pm »
Helen, Lamb, wow. I want to know if he eats it, I can't even eat lamb...

Off to make dinner now :)