Author Topic: What did your toddler eat today?  (Read 177926 times)

Offline Mydreamcametrue

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 59
Re: What did your toddler eat today?
« Reply #525 on: April 13, 2007, 17:56:47 pm »
I thought I had seen it, but then I checked online and it said only avail. in the UK.. 
Sounds really gross though, but then again it is deft. worth a try..

Wendy -

Zach - 3 1/2 yrs old. My sweet, loving, gentle boy that loves playing in the dirt!

Tyler - 17 months.  My very very spirited little boy.  Can't turn your back for a minute.  He is doing the cutest things now!  Loves to eat and climb!

Offline NiknLily

• Showing Appreciation 82
« Reply #526 on: April 13, 2007, 18:19:44 pm »
It does 'sound' gross, but I'm fairly sure you'll be amazed how nice it is, even my DP (the worlds fussiest eater, even compared to toddlers) really loves it and if I do a roast dinner he is gutted if he doesn't get some on his plate as well as whatever meat hes having.  2 points when cooking it, it soaks up alot of oil so you will find you use more oil than usual and if you get the plain chicken style pieces or fillets I find they need cooking until it is a little browned on edges, when like this it has most flavour.

binxyboo

« Reply #527 on: April 13, 2007, 19:54:20 pm »
Here you go : http://www.quorn.com/

I always oven bake the fillets, and as newmum says, it tastes better when well done.

Offline Grace's Mom

• Showing Appreciation 142
  • Oh Trader Joes, How I Love You
« Reply #528 on: April 13, 2007, 22:31:59 pm »
Breakfast:  Waffle (we are sooo boring) apple sauce
Snack: 4oz yogurt (like always  ::))
Lunch: 4 spoonfuls of spaghetti and meat balls (doesn't like chunky stuff so then she started spitting it out)
a few pieces of beef from daddy's steak sub, 1 jar of green beans, apple chunks and 2 small pieces of my spinach/broccoli pizza
Snack:  Cheddar Cheese
Dinner: Fish, 4oz of veggies (sweet potato/corn), a few veggie bites, 1 animal cracker
6oz of milk

Mel
I am so in love with my husband and adore my precious Grace

Grace April 2006
Blog: http://graceadelyn.blogspot.com/

Offline rinajack

• Showing Appreciation 162
« Reply #529 on: April 13, 2007, 23:21:03 pm »
Yesterday:

Breakfast: 1 weetbix, with milk and honey, and 1 piece raisin toast with butter and a few sips juice
Lunch 1: 1/2 - 2/3 of a pear, a couple biscuits (including a chocolate wafer biscuit), 2 grapes and some water
Lunch 2: Scrambled egg (made with some milk) on toast (with butter). Ate I think about 3/4 of the piece of toast, and probably about 1/2 an egg mixed with the milk. Plus a yoghurt and more water.
Snack - couple bites of cake, more water
Dinner: while I was cooking chewed on and kind of grated some raw carrot off with her teeth, then dinner: 1 cube purreed mixed veg  combined with 1 cube of beef casserole.  Then tuna/vegie/pasta bake as finger food - at an OK amount.  More water
Bottle: 200ml formula.
Rina - Mum to Zara 29/3/06
                     Hugh 26/8/07
                     Bree 31/5/10

Offline Mydreamcametrue

• Showing Appreciation 59
« Reply #530 on: April 14, 2007, 00:22:51 am »
Lets see what did Zach eat today..

Wake: 8 oz milk
Breakfast: 1 bowl of cheerioes w/ blueberries, almost 1/2 piece toast, few pieces of orange
Snack: 1/2 apple nutragrian bar, cheese its
Lunch:  1/2 chicken salad roll up, 2 bites of applesauce
Wake: 8 oz. milk, almost a whole apple (cut up)
Dinner: 1/2 cheeseburger, 10 french fries, 1/2 apple nutragrain bar
Snack: Orange Popcycle
Snack before bed: 1 oatmeal cookie and 4 oz. milk

Not to bad... 
Wendy -

Zach - 3 1/2 yrs old. My sweet, loving, gentle boy that loves playing in the dirt!

Tyler - 17 months.  My very very spirited little boy.  Can't turn your back for a minute.  He is doing the cutest things now!  Loves to eat and climb!

Offline KathrynK

• spends far too much time on here
  • Showing Appreciation 171
« Reply #531 on: April 14, 2007, 06:01:01 am »
This thread is great for ideas!

Yesterday:
Waking: 8oz milk
Breakfast: 1 bowl of mixed fruit blitzed in blender with 1 banana, half of mummy's raisin muffin
Snack: 3 strawberries, plus one bit of melon which was quickly spat out, bleurgh
Lunch: Cauliflower cheese with 2 slices garlic bread, mixed bowl of strawberries, blackberries and raspberries, 1 yoghurt
Snack: some cheese
Dinner: 1 fish finger, mashed potato and baked beans, Organix fruit pot
Bedtime: 8oz milk
]

Offline rinajack

• Showing Appreciation 162
« Reply #532 on: April 14, 2007, 07:37:18 am »
Breakfast: 1 weetbix, with milk and honey, and 1 piece raisin toast with butter and a fair bit of heavily diluted apple juice
Lunch 1: 3/4 of a hotdog sausage and about 1/6 of a hot dog breadroll with butter and tomato sauce, 1 yoghurt, more apple juice
Lunch 2: dried fruit stick thingy - seemed to like it but then only ate about 1/4.  A Handful of "honey smacks" cereal - honeyed puffed wheat - dry, 1 marshmallow, more juice
Snack :-X :-X mummy having small glass of 6yr old Shiraz....thought if I gave her a taste she wouldn't like it and would leave me alone....she LOVED it, and kept asking for more (each taste was only enough to wet her lips, not actually take a swig).  But she was licking her lips and begging for more ;D
Dinner: Almost 4 cubes of tuna/vegie/pasta bake leftover - like it better tonight - pureed this time.
Bottle: only drank 100ml formula
Rina - Mum to Zara 29/3/06
                     Hugh 26/8/07
                     Bree 31/5/10

Offline Katie

• Showing Appreciation 99
    • Franzone Family Blog
« Reply #533 on: April 14, 2007, 09:54:17 am »
lets see.....

Breakfast: weetbix with milk

Snack: banana and biscuit

Lunch: baked beans and some chocolate easter egg (just a tiny bit of tia's)

Snack: yoghurt

Dinner: hamburger  ;) well she ate some bun and some pattie

Drank water throughout the day!

Offline NiknLily

« Reply #534 on: April 14, 2007, 14:04:20 pm »
Today Lily ate
breakfast - 1 bowl rice crispies ( we only do them and oatibix, I cant find anything thats not too coated with sugar but is still nice to eat) apple juice
lunch - 1 slice of toast with marmite ate about 1/2 then decided she didn't like marmite, 1 fromage frais 1/3 bag organix cheese tomato & herb puffs ( I actually think she would easily eat a whole bag of these, that and wotsits she loves them) blackberry & apple tropicana go
snack - few raisins to keep going till dinner
dinner - 2 mini fish fingers (gave these with breadcrumbs still on for first time and cut them up into little bites, I think she would of eaten 3 or 4 of them the speed they dissapeared) sweet potato, cauliflower, baby corn & broccoli ( have decided she doesn't mind broccoli at all but it goes in easier mixed in with something like pasta & sauce, when presented with it on a plate of veggies she wont pick it up and eat it herself), strawberry jelly with peach pieces ( this was a bought pot we tried for first time, she seemed to like the jelly but started spitting it out when we got down to the peaches), 1/2 banana more tropicana (she really like these and maybe I should water them down more but she likes her juice unwatered down, so I'm not that fussed)

so far today
breakfast  - oatibix, juice
snack - tried jelly & fruit again (definitely likes jelly), juice
lunch - cheese on toast fromage frais 2 milky buttons, juice
suck on mums fruit pastel lolly pop, mmmm she liked that!
haven't got to dinner yet but I fancy a BBQ, have to see what I've got in freezer...

Offline KathrynK

« Reply #535 on: April 14, 2007, 14:56:25 pm »
new mum- have you tried cheerios and porridge/ ready brek for breakfast? they are healthy alternatives.
]

Offline NiknLily

« Reply #536 on: April 14, 2007, 17:58:47 pm »
Hi Kathrink
Yes we have got some cheerios she doesn't mind them but isn't to keen so we only have them every so often.  Doesn't like porridge or readybrek at all, not even with some sugar added.  Might try her on wheatabix minis see how they go, only problem is if she doesn't like them will have to throw them out cos I dont like them, neither does DP, hate waste, but who knows she might love them.

today ended with
snack some grapes & cheese/tom/herb puffs
tiddlers tortilla (aka Spanish omlette) (only ate about 1/3) mango/banana & rice pudding (had about 4 mouthfuls, then it was Bo Bo Bo (no no no) + juice

Offline M2W

• Showing Appreciation 13
« Reply #537 on: April 14, 2007, 18:07:14 pm »
I noticed the difference between daddy and mommy and Weston's eating this morning...as he's under daddy's care...I'm having the day off ;)

Daddy doesn't have a million things to do while watching Weston...so he sits at the table for a LONG time with Weston while Weston is deciding what to eat, when and how...and eventually Weston eats a ton!

Offline KathrynK

« Reply #538 on: April 14, 2007, 18:08:06 pm »
LOL we're the other way round- dh hasn't got the patience to wait for her!
]

Offline Grace's Mom

• Showing Appreciation 142
  • Oh Trader Joes, How I Love You
« Reply #539 on: April 14, 2007, 22:51:51 pm »
Does anyone have a good guacamole recipe?  I bought some freshly made today at a farmer's market and it had avocado, tomatoes, onions, olive oil, etc. in it and I would love to make some myself since this guy's is so very expensive.  Thanks.  :)

Today:

Breakfast:  PB&J on Toast (very messy), some fruit
Snack: Yogurt
Lunch: Guacamole, veggie crackers, apples, 3 small bites of cold stone ice cream  8)
6oz of water....we were out and it was super HOT out.
Snack: I bag of travel puffs (very lazy today  :P)
Dinner:  Chicken and Apple puree, Mango dessert (no sugar/just called dessert)
Last night of formula for her bedtime bottle! 

Does anyone use toddler formula?

Grace will only drink a few sips of regular milk but still loves formula.  I was thinking of keeping formula just at night but using the toddler version.  Wasn't sure if anyone was doing that or had advice on if that is a good decision or not.

Mel
I am so in love with my husband and adore my precious Grace

Grace April 2006
Blog: http://graceadelyn.blogspot.com/