Author Topic: sacmommy  (Read 1185 times)

Offline Carmela's Mom

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 9
« on: January 09, 2006, 17:57:01 pm »
How are naps going for you?  I've been so into this no sleep at night thing that I totally forgot to check with you!  We have turned off our monitors and closed her bedroom door and ours and have been sooo tired at night that we both sleep through.  Now we have no clue if she's sleeping through or not.  Last night I think she did because today she wasn't ready for her nap until 12:45....and now she's still up talking away (which usually doesn't happen) so I don't know if I missed a sign or what's going on today!  But as long as she sleeps through the night, I learned that is the main thing!!!!!!!

Offline Carmela's Mom

• Showing Appreciation 9
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2006, 18:03:19 pm »
Also has the later nap resulted in a later wake up in the morning?

Offline sacmommy

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 7
sacmommy
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2006, 20:57:12 pm »
You know, last week we were solid on naps. I felt like moving the time to later was beautiful! I also added in maybe 2 minutes of holding her in her dark room before putting her down and I think that helped calm her enough to send her off. The big bonus was she still would chat for 5-10 minutes after putting her down then fall asleep so I felt so good that she was getting herself to sleep.

But I just put her down and she's pretty much chatting away at the top of her lungs, so I'm back to trying to decide whether to intervene (rarely gets a nap anyways) or just leave her... sigh.

For morning wakings, no luck there. I saw your post to someone that Carmela's been going to as late as 7...yay! Karina used to be there, that's what is maybe extra frustrating (probably not, early mornings are a drag whether it's always that way or back and forth.) I have tried so many ways to get her to sleep later. After recommending meds to you the other day, I got up at 3 am on Sat night, woke her to give her Benadryl, and she slept til 6:30. But she woke up coughing like every morning, and I think we're just stuck with it being her asthma that's causing the problem. She only coughs when she gets up from sleeping and I read over the weekend that this is common for people with asthma. After lying down for awhile, it brings it on. So I'm not sure if there's anything I can do at this point, except go to bed earlier and wait it out! I need to post about it but I haven't had the energy. It was a rough weekend with her early mornings and my 4-yr-old up every night with night terrors.

Thanks for checking in!
Rose
Karina - Jan 24, 2004
Calvin - Sept 23, 2001

Offline Carmela's Mom

• Showing Appreciation 9
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2006, 21:46:12 pm »
Carm stopped waking at 7 recently too and I so hear ya!  I think it's worst when you get a taste of sleep and then taking it away!  But I'd be complaining the other way too.  I hope things get better.  I'm a fan of not intervening unless by intervening she's going to sleep.

Offline sacmommy

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 7
sacmommy
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2006, 17:53:53 pm »
So this is interesting. Karina skipped her nap (of course!) yesterday, so I put her down at 6:30. Although she woke twice in the night (often happens if she skips the nap), she slept til after 7!! Maybe I should drop the X!0?! nap! However, I've also been trying to get every dust particle out of her room, got the new humidifier, etc., so maybe that's helping? I don't know.

How did Carmela sleep last night?
Rose
Karina - Jan 24, 2004
Calvin - Sept 23, 2001

Offline Carmela's Mom

• Showing Appreciation 9
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2006, 17:57:19 pm »
I'd continue to put her down for a nap but I wouldn't push the issue. I'd just put her down at 12:45 and keep her in there until 2 p.m.  If she sleeps, great, if not then you can put her down at 6:30!  We think Carmela did well.  WE didn't hear her at all but we had our white noise machine on and when it's on we can only hear loud cries or screams from her.  So from what i know she slept until 7:45!!!!!!!  BUT from the sounds of her cries all morning and temper tantrums and eye rubbing and yawning, I'd say she was up all night again.