Author Topic: Baby Rice into Weaning  (Read 835 times)

Offline Dollyplum

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: January 12, 2006, 20:20:49 pm »
Hi All

Firstly let me introduce myself properly.  My Name is Nikki and my son Cameron is just over 3 months old.  Cameron is a very big lad at 20lbs (9kg) and 68cms. 

He had to be put on baby rice from 7 weeks old as the milk was just not filling his hungry tummy. This was under the guidance of the Health Visitor and my Doctor He has settled lovely into taking three meals a day of Cow & Gate Creamed Porridge, Baby Rice and Sunshine Banana (3 tablespoons of each) and 5 x 9oz bottles of Hungry Baby Formula Milk. I try not to give him a meal before bed or when he has just got up, just a bottle. 

The advice I am fishing for is when and how do I go about introducing him to fruit (I read on here that its not wise to give them veg before 6 months).  Do I start by adding some fruit to the rice or replace the whole meal with fruit or have it as a pudding kind of thing?

Any ideas, comments or advice would be appreciated!

Nikki and Cameron xxx

stasztk

Baby Rice into Weaning
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2006, 03:21:17 am »
I was told by my baby's dr that you give them veggies first. I think what you might have read is that you do not give solids until they are 6 mo. but you have a dr looking after your baby. You should always follow your dr's advice first. I hope this helps and welcome to the boards

Offline GabrielleD

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 55
  • Maryland, USA
Baby Rice into Weaning
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2006, 10:42:56 am »
I was told by the pediatrician to give vegetables before fruits, since if they get used to the sweet flavor of fruits, they will be less likely to accept vegetables. She told me to start on solids (including vegetables) between 4 and 6 months. HTH