Author Topic: Please help  (Read 1035 times)

Offline millieh

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: January 17, 2006, 02:16:29 am »
My bb is going to be 14 wks on Thursday and has been sleeping through the night since 7 wks, with some bad days.  Last week until now, he screams at night (starting at 1 am) for no apparant reason, we he was being swaddle and we unswaddled him, thinking this was the problem.  We have tried settling him and he seems to not settled, he just starts screaming after a couple of minutes.  He had is second set of vaccinations last Tuesday and this is when the problem started.  Can someone help.  He is on a 4hr routine having roughly 3 to 4 hour naps during the day.  I can't seem to tell what is wrong, it definitely is not hunger crys. :?

Offline LindseysMom

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 9
  • Lincolnton, NC, USA
Please help
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2006, 02:28:20 am »
Hello.  He may be having a growth spurt.  They usually have these about every 3 months or so.  Are you sure he is not hungry?  Have you tried to feed him and see if it will help?  I would try that if it were me and see if that will help him settle.
Lynne
Registered Nurse now Sahm
Mom to Lindsey Elizabeth 10/28/04
Baby girl due December 8th

Offline millieh

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2006, 04:28:08 am »
Thanks, it might be a growth spurt although I thought he had one at 11 1/2 wks, it might be my imagination, he woke up again after an hour of settling and I gave him water thinking he wasn't hungry, but he drank a lot of it, so I will feed him again as soon as he wakes again.  Thanks for your advice