Author Topic: pooing in the night!  (Read 1318 times)

Offline Vic

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: January 17, 2006, 09:02:50 am »
My 4 and a half month old sleeps reasonably well in the night, except that she seems to have quite an active digestive system and is woken up regularly at around 4am by a very noisy poo! About 6 weeks ago, I started giving her a dream feed after reading Tracy's book and getting her into a proper routine in the evening. So she now goes down pretty much like clockwork at 7.30 and I feed her at 10.30. But I wonder whether this last feed is actually making her poo more in the night, thus waking her up. I say this because we did have about 2 weeks when she was 2-3 months when she was sleeping from 7.30 through to 5.30 with no dream feed. Has this happened to anyone else? Any advice?

Offline katrinabull

• Showing Appreciation 0
    • De Locker Winkel
pooing in the night!
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2006, 21:37:36 pm »
Hello

My 2 month old little boy seemed to sleep through (8 til 4/5) last week when we didn't give him a dream feed; this week I started again, and I heard him poo really loudly - so it may be the dreamfeed that's making him wake. After all, it has to go somewhere.

Our little boy managed three nights with no night waking but has gone back to his normal waking at 2-3 in the morning. He goes back easily enough though, I think that they will all do it eventually and maybe it's best to leave them to and resign ourselves to the fact that we will have to wake up.

I am going to try and give him 9 feeds tomorrow between 6am and 11pm, to see if that makes a difference as we are only managing 8 between those hours and then he wakes at 3am.

Trying to give him the calories before nightime..

Katrina

Offline charman

• Showing Appreciation 1
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2006, 12:35:57 pm »
Hi Vic, Our experience with little George was that he needed the dreamfeed to get him through the night at that age and for a while longer.  We made extra sure the nappy was secure and that any sore spots on his bottom were clean, dry and creamed before bed.  If he woke in the night we used P.U./P.D. to help him get off again but unless there was a MAJOR leakage didn't change the nappy.
Good luck.
ELizabeth
ELizabeth Charman

Offline RosieMum

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 4
  • Mum to Rosie - Spirited/Angel Live in UK
    • Families Forum
Re: pooing in the night!
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2006, 12:48:14 pm »
I think their little digestive systems are still so new at this point that the 'food' only stays in there for just a few hours. I found that once my LO was weaned this started to settle down and now she's 8 and a half months, her body waits until morning and then she does a massive poo :)
Come and visit us at Families Forum

Offline momofella-grace

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 1
Re: pooing in the night!
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2006, 14:14:10 pm »
Hi this post made me chuckle as my 14 week old baby has a poo at exactly the same time as your baby every morning which wakes us both up very quickly. it must be the structured feeding regime!