Author Topic: Why all these night wakings what am i doing wrong??  (Read 1217 times)

Offline kellyhushhh

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
Why all these night wakings what am i doing wrong??
« on: January 18, 2006, 10:56:33 am »
Hi Jude is 7.5 months old and sleeps 1.5hr in the morning 9am until 10.30am and then anything from 45min -1.5hr in the afternoon, usually at around 1.30pm. So he is sleeping a total of anything from 2.5 to 3 hrsin the daytime. He no longer has his catnap.

He has been waking lots in the night, i think he is teething, he has been teething for months ( how long does this last by the way??  ) He is defiantely not hungry as he is on 3 solids meals and 5 bottle feeds and has slept through since very young.

I am not complaining as he sleeps from 7pm until 6am with a dremfeed but these wakings in between are killing me.

So i was just wondering if his daytime needs adjusting and hoping someone can help me.

Here is his typical day.

6.15am wake
 7am bottle
 8.30am solids
 9am sleep until 10.30am

10.30am wake
 11-11.30ish bottle
 1pm solids
 1.30pm or 2pm sleep for between 45min and 1.5hr

3.30pm bottle
 5.30pm solids
 6.15pm bath
 6.45pm bottle
 7pm bed

dream feed at 10.30pm

3am until 6am random wakings     

I know it must be his teeth but how long do they teeth for?

He has had less sleep during the day and it doesnt seem to make any difference. He is having at least 7 ounces in each bottle and is eating lots of calories in his solids.

What can i do? Please help

Kelly xx
http://www.babiesonline.com/babies/j/judeethan  PASSWORD JUDE

url=http://lilypie.com][/url]

Offline Katet

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 608
  • Sydney Australia
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2006, 22:16:18 pm »
My first answer is age age & more age.... my almost 8mo is doing it too :cry: mostly due to too much going on the last few weeks

Teething well on off until they get all their teeth. my first was a nightmare with his - temperatures, earaches etc, Liam has been reasonably ok

I'm not really sure there is a "solution" other than consistency in the way you deal with the wakings & time ie ride it out... at least that is what I am finding.
dc1 July 03, dc2 May 05

Offline sa

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 7
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2006, 23:23:15 pm »
how much does he take for his dream feed?? is he ready to drop that since he is on 3 meals a day?

sometimes dreamfeed might cause nightwakings ... i know it's a bit strange, but for my DS, he was the same, very restless in the morning hours until i dropped his DF about the same age as your lo.

for teething, have you tried teething powder? it's called "Ashton & Parsons infants' powders". it's a herbal thing, it said will help with delayed dentition. you can find this in Boots.

HTH
mum to samuel 25JAN05
textbook/angel baby