Author Topic: 7monther won't take dream feed but now is waking thru night.  (Read 1588 times)

Offline hallas

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
7monther won't take dream feed but now is waking thru night.
« on: January 19, 2006, 10:50:03 am »
A little confused,

My twin DD are both taking 3 meals a day, but ther refuse the early morning wake up bottle and the dream feed.

They normally wake at 7.30 but they never want a bottle of  milk, I therefore resort to giving them solids at 08.30 and follow up with miilk straight after.  They take anything from 2-5oz.  The rest of the day is fine unitl the dream feed.

Both only take 1oz and thats pushing it!  I know you may say that they are on three meals and therefore may not want it but they now have started waking twice a night at least. 

During the night I have offered water but that only resorts to them getting up again very shortly after and I may be up and down with them from 2-7am.  When I offer milk they take between 1oz or so and then turn their face and go off to sleep.  Their typical wakings are at 2am and then at 5am ( I feel I'm going backwards with them ,as these are the times they woke when tey were very young).

I have tried giving more solids/ milk in the day but they still only take wha they want, I can't foce any more.

What should I do, I wnat my full nights sleep back again !

thnx

Offline Katet

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 608
  • Sydney Australia
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2006, 19:45:18 pm »
Well if it is any help, my almost 8mo has been doing night waking since about 7mo... it has been on off. I think it is more develpmental than anything, getting mobile etc. Be consistent with how you deal with the wakings... if they are only taking 1oz at the df & then, I'd actually say they don't really need it & try to drop the df, as that may be actually "causing" more wakings

HTH
dc1 July 03, dc2 May 05

Offline hallas

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2006, 20:27:43 pm »
Thnx for the reply,

I will try and stop the dream feed, but should I still offer them milk when they wake during the night?  it doesn't seem like they are hungry as they only take a few sips, however, if I give water instead it doesn't seem to settle them.

Thnx

Sonia