Author Topic: night waking all of the sudden??????  (Read 1061 times)

Offline allyson

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 4
« on: January 21, 2006, 13:45:32 pm »
My 8 month old is night waking all of the sudden and I do not know why or what to do. she usually sleeps 12 hours straight and is now waking up multiple times per night. the Dr. said she was getting 3 new teeth, but I gave her motrin and she is still waking. I try and comfort her in her crib, but it does not always work. I have to sometimes pick her up and put ehr down. she knows how to fall asleep on her own and does when I put her to sleep at night. she for some reason is having a hard time setteling and staying asleep.

her naps are getting longer and somedays are 2 of them one of 1 hour the other of 1.5 hours. she then did not want a catnap n the evening so I put her down at 6pm instead of 7. her second nap was from 1-2:30pm is this too long A time before bed?  yesterday she took a catnap and it still happened? is if separation anxiety or teething and will it ever go away??????????? ugggg

Offline Katet

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 608
  • Sydney Australia
Re: night waking all of the sudden??????
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2006, 05:28:37 am »
Not that it helps, but ds#2 is doing it too, I am transitioning to 2 naps & he is getting 2 more teeth, has got 2 in the last week, he is also all but crawling & I think that is contributing to it all.

My first ds had lots of night wakings at this age... he was never a good sleeper & I thought it would be different with ds#2 as he has been a good sleeper... but it isn't.

So I can really only offer the advice to be consistent & try not to let her be overtired...very hard when you transition 3-2 naps, but just keep the routine consistent & if you have a longer A time, try to spend more of it doing quieter things, I give longer bath, go on walks, play outside with him, as they all keep him happier

HTH
dc1 July 03, dc2 May 05