Author Topic: 15 week old waking several times a night now  (Read 1134 times)

Offline Torismom

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
15 week old waking several times a night now
« on: January 24, 2006, 17:22:59 pm »
Is there something around 3.5-4months that developmentally wakes baby?

Tori is AWESOME during the day. She has been on EASY since birth, and goes 3 cycles during the day, starting around 7:30am, ending around 7:30pm. She eats fine (formula fed, around 30oz/day) and naps like a champ (1.5-2hr naps).

But, she has never slept well at night.  4 hour stretches are the most ever.  Now that she has started rolling over (she is a tummy sleeper and hates being on her back) she wakes up 2-10 times a night.  I have been able to calm her back to sleep with either just in the crib soothing or PU/PD, but she just keeps waking up.  Doing a DF only seems to compel her to wake up more and more.  But, if it's been 3-4 hours since she has eaten, she will scream at night until I feed her. I know she can go longer than that!  Sh also gets very upset when I impede her mobility, but she gets wedged between rolled up towels now, the only way I can keep her from rolling over.

Any advice? I haven't slept more than a 3 hour stretch myself since she was born in Oct, and it's really wearing on me!  We live time zones away from family and my husband cannot help share the night duties because of his job, and I'm a SAHM so that seems unfair.

Thanks!

--Kim

Offline charlibabes

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
Re: 15 week old waking several times a night now
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2006, 13:25:30 pm »
I can;t offer advice I am afraid, as my 14 wo is doing the same thing.. and she was sleeping through 7-9 hours, but has stopped. Just wanted to say you are not alone.. I hope someone with more advice comes through pretty soon :)

Offline Katet

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 608
  • Sydney Australia
Re: 15 week old waking several times a night now
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2006, 10:54:10 am »
Firstly, Id let her learn to roll & fall asleep in a new position, you will have to at some stage & now is as good as any.

Second, I personally do think there is a "hicup" at about 4months & then every 3 or so months after that :-\

Given she is on a good day routine, is she on 3 or 4 hour Easy... maybe try moving to 4 hour if you aren't there already... it can actually help with storing up food for overnight as  all I can think is that there is a  hunger/thirst need there... it isn't actually that unusual for babies to still need 2-3 night feeds until 6months old, but the more spaced out day feeds do help the night.
dc1 July 03, dc2 May 05