Author Topic: 9mo and independent play  (Read 1359 times)

Offline zelda

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 6
« on: January 25, 2006, 09:34:45 am »
last month, my lo used to be able to play for quite a long time by himself.  and then the separation anxiety phase hit and he was clingy, clingy, clingy.  he always wanted to be held, always wanted me to be close to him.  if i tried to do something by myself, he would follow me and whine to be picked up.

problem is, it is still like this, not getting better at all, so i am probably doing something to encourage it.  i have tried what tracy suggested, by first sitting in a chair next to him and then gradually moving away.

can somebody give me some tips? 

Offline J & J's Mum

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 2
Re: 9mo and independent play
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2006, 16:47:40 pm »
Hi,

I'm having the same problem with my little boy.  He's almost 10 months and has all of a sudden become really clingy!  He used to sit on his own playing but now he wants me near him all the time.  I'm hoping that it's just a stage he's going through and that it'll pass??!!

I would also love some tips.
Emigrated from the UK to Australia 1st July 2009!!

My blogspot - fatracslim.blogspot.com

Offline zelda

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 6
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2006, 12:50:12 pm »
this is still current for us at 10mo.  sometimes he will play by himself, but will follow me if i leave the room.  also, if he gets bored with his toys he comes over to me right away.  i thought that it would get better, but i haven't really seen any improvement in weeks.