Poll

any suggestions

let her scream
0 (0%)
trying giving her milk
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Author Topic: 11 month not sleeping  (Read 946 times)

Offline Venditto

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: January 25, 2006, 17:52:56 pm »
This is my first child and she is not sleeping through the night.  She wakes up maybe once or twice in the night and I try to avoid feeding her but she sometimes will not go down without a bottle?  She takes one 2 hour nap during the day and is up around 5:30 or 6 in the morning so I know she is tired but I don't know what to do I just need sleep.  When should I try giving her milk?  please help any advice will be helpful.

thank you,
ryan

Offline Katet

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 608
  • Sydney Australia
Re: 11 month not sleeping
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2006, 10:48:29 am »
My first thought is 2 hours of day sleep in a 11month old...she isn't sleeping as she is OVERTRIED... unless she starts her night sleep about 5.00pm, I think she isn't getting enough sleep.

Most babies under 12-15months are still on 2 naps/day & have an awake time of about 3.5 hours (maybe 4). I would try putting her down for about 3.5 hours after she wakes up & then another 3.5 hours after that.

Don't let her scream it out, you will create other problems there... have a look at the Pick up/Put down (PU/PD) boards as that is a much better way to deal with the wakings... but if she won't settle with out feeding then she may need it

How does she fall asleep for naps/night... if it is with a bottle then it is an association & you need to help her learn to fall asleep on her own (with PU/PD if needed) to break that association.

HTH
dc1 July 03, dc2 May 05