Author Topic: Successfully weaned from the swaddle! But need help convincing dh to pat/shh  (Read 782 times)

Offline Nicola_G

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 9
Hi all,

Well, I am proud. I think that today I can safely proclaim that we have successfully weaned Tyson from his swaddle addiction. I started with one arm out for naps, then at night, yadda yadda. Anyway last night I finally bit the bullet and put him to bed totally unswaddled and in his little grobag. Slept all night like a little champion. And he just woke now from the most amazing 2.5 hour afternoon nap!!! Yay!!!

Of course, now that I've posted this here he will probably regress back to needing 100% swaddling, but I hope not  :P

The latest challenge for me, though, is that dh believes that by doing pat/shh I am making Tyson unable to sleep independently ::). He has 3 other children from his first marriage so has some experience, but I don't think that the 3-5 minutes I spend with my little guy at the start of his sleep is likely to cause harm. He really does go to sleep well, requires little more than a hand on his arm and a stroke on his head these days.

Can anyone give me some points to raise with my husband to defend the pat-shh approach? He really thinks lo should be able to settle himself to sleep, but I believe he needs the wind-down and a little help still to relax and go to sleep. I just need to find a way to explain it to dh in a way he will get it.

Thanks in advance!!
Nicola
Mum to Tyson Luke, born August 1, 2005
In the Australian bush

Offline JennŠ

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 513
  • Whispering since 2005. :)
Tyson's version of a nightly back rub.  Or glass of wine if that helps him to get the comparison.  ;)  3-5 minutes?  Yay for you!!!!!!!!!  Keep it up!   :)
 When you're soaring through the air, I'll be your solid ground.  Take every chance you dare.  I'll still be there when you come back down.