Author Topic: Restless sleep  (Read 925 times)

Offline hallas

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: January 30, 2006, 17:39:27 pm »
Hi

Need some advise, my 7month old is waking at night, she has only yesterday, cut through her first two teeth.  From 3months she was sleeping from 7pm-7am, now she has regular wakings.  I understand this could be growth spurt,teething, colds.

I know its not hunger as she only takes an ounce or so during the night, she also refuses dream feed.  However, when she is trying to settle back she is sort of sleeping but groaning at the same time.  Its like she is restless and I don't know how to make her settle into a deep sleep.

on a couple of occassions she has passed wind, settled but only to get up an hour later again ( so not deeply asleep) she does get quieter if I lie her on her side and pat her, but I can't leave her  to sleep on her side ( can i?)

Any advise?

thnx

Hallas ???

Offline Katet

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 608
  • Sydney Australia
Re: Restless sleep
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2006, 04:33:26 am »
Actually is quiet normal for a baby to be restless at some stage in the night & if she sleeps on her side & can roll in the day, then it is fine to leave her on her side if she has the ability to roll herself.

Babys do go through light sleep cycles at night & you might be going in too quickly, so I'd leave her to see if she settles back off to sleep, of course go if she gets upset, but be mindful they can be asleep & restless for even up to an hour at night...the hardest part I find is trying to sleep myself.
dc1 July 03, dc2 May 05