Author Topic: not enough A?  (Read 1338 times)

Offline aat27

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: January 31, 2006, 00:08:18 am »
My DD is 13 weeks and is on 3 hour EASY.  She eats in about 15 minutes but pushes to stay up for 45 minutes following that.  1 hour of activity seems like it isn't very much for a baby her age.  Although she is tired and often goes down for naps well, she never goes to sleep for 2 hours to make it to the next feed. 

I am curious if I should be concerned that she has so little activity time.  Often during her activity time we are playing or she is laughing, kicking, smiling. Is this too much stimulation for her?  When she sits and strollers or is an bouncy seat she will sometimes make it a bit longer but usually 45-60 minutes is all she will go.  Should I be worried?

Offline maggieruth

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 251
Re: not enough A?
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2006, 07:51:39 am »
all babies are different and it sounds like you have a pretty good idea of what works for your lo.  i know that with my son we did a crazed routine which involved next to no sleep during the day one day and tonnes of sleep the next because that was just what he wanted and what i could manage.  so every other day i got me time for a while... i am certain someone who had a more conventional experience with EASY will be able to advise you soon, in the meantime as long as you and your lo are both happy and healthy you are doing a great job!

Offline dannygirl

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 3
Re: not enough A?
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2006, 03:33:56 am »
 Hi, My DD is about the same age. And she can stay up from 1-2 hours, depending on her naps. Right now I am struggling with short naps. And I have tried to extend and shorten her A time. No matter what I do it doesn't fix the short naps. She is usually in a good mood, but I have noticed towards the end of the day she gets crabby and wants to be held more often.  I would just watch for her tired signs and take her cues. hope that helps.
Kaylene
Allison 10/20/05