Author Topic: I keep falling asleep when I pick him up!  (Read 1093 times)

Offline Gina(formerly sydnimom)

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 14
I keep falling asleep when I pick him up!
« on: January 31, 2006, 12:07:01 pm »
last night was horrific! I need help. What did I do wrong?? Now, that I'm awake, I think I've answered my own question. B went to bed at 7:30; I did the DF at 10:30. Then he woke at 1:00 - this was a mistake. I should not have picked him up. Do you think I should have just replaced the paci?? Also, this is where I fell asleep feeding him, so I have no idea if he ate or not! I just couldn't compute the hours in my brain as to whether it was time to feed him or not.

We woke up at 3:30 where he was rooting for the breast; meanwhile, he was still near it anyway. I just put him on. He was so hungry. So I'm thinking he didn't really eat at 1:00.
Then he woke again 4:30 and then at 5:30. I fed him at the 5:30 feeding.

He's sleeping now, but I'm up with my 3 yo and I'm flipping exhausted.

Is anyone so tired that thye can't really think straight at night?

Gina
Sydni - 10/16/02
Brandon - 11/28/05
Gina@thebabywhisperer.com

Offline beccarman

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 29
  • happy families!!
Re: I keep falling asleep when I pick him up!
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2006, 12:26:38 pm »
might he be having a growth spurt? i think they do at around 3mths which would make sense.

i am often so tired in the night when she wakes that i don't know what time it is or even if i've nodded back off and if she still crying in her room or whether i've fed her inbetween or not!! don't worry you are not alone in that respect!!

do you have any friends or neighbours who could take both los for a walk so you can get a bit of a nap? just a thought as even 1/2hr makes a difference to me sometimes.

hope tonights better!!

bec xxx

Offline jayne

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 184
Re: I keep falling asleep when I pick him up!
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2006, 12:54:52 pm »
oh yes i remember waking up in the morning not remembering if i put gina back in bed and looking for her in a panick ;)

one time when gina was about 3 weeks or so i was sitting on the couch with her holding her while she slept and angela was sleeping on the couch--i fell asleep and woke up and i was drooingl on poor ginas head.. i didnt even plan to fall asleep and before i knew it i was in a deep sleep..

try the  paci next time if that doesnt work he could be going thru a growth spurt at beccarman suggested..

hang in there it gets better  :)
jayne

dd#1  05-14-2001
dd#2  08-06-2004