Author Topic: Sudden Night Wakes  (Read 1315 times)

Offline ~Jency's*Momma~

• ~Adria
  • BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 33
    • WAHM
Sudden Night Wakes
« on: January 31, 2006, 21:24:04 pm »
we finally got him not eating during the night! and he was (for the most part) sleeping through the night!!! For 2 weeks now!
If he woke he would either put himself back to sleep or else it only took me 3-5 min to get him back down.I have always gone in, picked him up, gave him a drink of water, laid him back down and that was it. Some times I would pat him for a few seconds but nothing more.

Now all of a sudden the last 3 nights he has been waking up in the middle of the night (a different time each night) and wanting to be awake and have someone in there.  Now I go in and as soon as I pick him up he lays his head down and that's it but as soon as I lay him back down he rolls over and wants back up (he is a tummy sleeper). If I roll him back over or as soon as I lay him down I pat his bottom he is fine until I stop. Some times I can stop and he just lays there for a few minutes but then he is back at it. The wieird thing is that every night it has lasted on hour. No more, no less. It's like he just wants someone in there with him and he wants to be awake.
Like I said this just started. He was sleeping through the night. for the past 2 weeks. And before that I fed him 2x a night and he would always go right back to sleep.  He has NEVER been wake at night for more then 15 min. and that was to eat.
~Adria, wife to Paul 9/7/02
Momma to Jency 6/30/05 & Tesher 12/31/08

Offline rooby-rooby-roo

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 108
  • Do what you always do - get what you always got
Re: Sudden Night Wakes
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2006, 22:38:36 pm »
Hi there Adria!

At this age it seems to be one thing after another doesn't it? You finally get them off the night feeds and all of a suddeen they wake for a different reason!

What is Jency up to developmentally at the momnet? A lot of these random night wakings are caused by them hitting some kind of 'milestone' whether it be physical such as rolling, sitting or crawling, or more mental such as clapping, waving etc. Everything throws their sleep for a loop!!

All i would advise it to be consistent with your methods and don't 'accidental parent' your way through and create any other new problems that then need solving!! No matter what it is caused by, he will come out of it in a few days, when he realises that there is nothing to wake up for!!!
Clair - Proud Lesbian Mama to:

*Ruby - spirited angel
*Red - touchy angel
*Rory - all-round angel
*Raphael - blessed with another angel??

Offline ~Jency's*Momma~

• ~Adria
  • BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 33
    • WAHM
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2006, 02:07:48 am »
So what should I do to keep from accidental parenting?
I'm not sure what I should do at this point.
Do I just check on him and make sure it is just wanting to be awake or having some one in there. 
IF it is what should I do?  Just leave him in there to cry and then just check back or what?
~Adria, wife to Paul 9/7/02
Momma to Jency 6/30/05 & Tesher 12/31/08

Offline Joey'sMom

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 27
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2006, 22:00:50 pm »
I am glad to see I am not alone with this.  For a month Joey was this happy cooperative baby, and now we're back to night wakings and bad temper, and worst of all, spitting up.

I wish we would just get through this phase ASAP!
Mary Pat