Author Topic: waking every 2.5 hours  (Read 957 times)

Offline momofella-grace

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 1
waking every 2.5 hours
« on: February 05, 2006, 08:04:51 am »
Hi, i have just started the baby whisperer routine in order to get my 14 week old baby to sleep during the day. The problem has never been night time although she would not go to bed until 10pm she would sleep until 10am! however she would not sleep at all during the day and would get increasingly agitated and upset as the Day progressed. anyway she is now going down for regular naps of one hour duration during the day and will go in her cot (achievement!), she is much happier however i am exhausted as she is now waking every 2.5 hours from 11pm!!! help!!! what have i done!!! i fed her once at 2am but rest of the time did shush/pat and was able to get her back to sleep.  why is this happening? any help appreciated

Jo-FrasersMum

Re: waking every 2.5 hours
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2006, 09:03:39 am »
Hi momofella-grace, welcome to the boards.  Sounds like you have already done a lot of hard work - congratulations on your success so far!

Your DD may be going through a growth spurt at the moment - they are common at 3 months (and at 6 months) so she may be waking from hunger during the night.  Have you tried to offer another feed at the next waking after the 2am feed?  Your DD is also still very young - it is common that babies may still need a night feed or 2 at her age.  Are you offering a dreamfeed?  You may be able to reduce your night wakings by feeding a dreamfeed at about 10.30 or 11pm.

The only other thing I would say is your dd is still learning this new routine still too - maybe she is just taking a little time to settle into it.

Well done on all your hard work!  Good luck

Offline momofella-grace

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 1
Re: waking every 2.5 hours
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2006, 12:33:22 pm »
thanks for your reply, i usually feed her again about 2.30 and she doesnt seem hungry after that. maybe it is just settling in to the routine and the fact she has only been in her cot for 2 days after being in a cozy moses basket. what a gorgeous baby you have!