Author Topic: I feel like such a HEEL!  (Read 1183 times)

Offline webfoot

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 7
    • Bug n' Belle
I feel like such a HEEL!
« on: February 06, 2006, 07:54:51 am »
Okay this may be a manifestation of my stress level at this moment . Which is VERY high.

BUt I feel so bad. Last night dh woke me up and said "what is going on with the baby?" and I woke up and heard Mr E was just losign it in the crib. And I was dead asleep! Didn't even hear him.  :'(This is the third time this has happened. I've been working really hard on having him sleep on his own. Dh is a sound, sound sleeper but it's never been an issue for me.

I just felt so bad b/c Evan was so worked up. And I was having this very intesne dream where I was looking for Evan... just didn't know he was crying in real life.

We have used CIO here and there with our older two,  but the thing that makes me feel bad is that CIO wasn't in our game plan, it just happened. Of  courfse not like he really CIO b/c he got mama as soon as dh woke me up. BUT MAN this is why he slept with us for so long. I just feel so guilty that I didn't wake up!

Please tell me someone else has been so exhausted they haven't woked up, it's kind freaking me out.

Tanya

Kyle 12/27/01
Amy 3/28/03
Evan 4/12/05
Addy 4/29/10

Visit me on etsy!

Offline Deb_in_oz

• Showing Appreciation 615
  • personal development blogger
Re: I feel like such a HEEL!
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2006, 11:30:56 am »
I have been there - Dh is a dead to the world sleeper and even when he occassionally crashes in the spare room (right next to the girls vs. our room which is other side of the house) he still does not hear them!  One night i heard him moving around and he was coming back into our bedroom - i never even felt him get out of bed. He told me olivia had been crying and he went to see what was "up" :o I asked if he was winding me up as i would never sleep through her crying - he swore that was why he was up and i was utterly surprised and stunned - i let myself off the hook though because i figure it means i actually had 1 night of DEEP sleep in all this time. i slept through her crying, which obviously got loud or long enough to penetrate his sleep, then slept through him getting up and settling her!!
Debra - a New Yorker living in Australia married to a Brit

dd1 - Textbook/Angel, born July 2003
dd2 - Spritied through & through, born Feb 2005

Check out my website:   Home Life Simplified
Like my Facebook page:  https://www.facebook.com/HomeLifeSimplified

Offline Samanthas mum

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 13
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2006, 11:55:36 am »
Don't worry this has happened to my mate who has been through a bit of a rough time with her dd recently. Sometimes exhaustion and stress take their toll and it is totally understandable that you slept through - especially with some of the news you have had which I read in some of your other recent posts  :(

I think if you took a poll you would find a lot of other mums have done the same.

Take care of yourself and if you can find some time out to take a nice relaxing uninterrupted bath.  ;)

Sam's Mum

Offline rooby-rooby-roo

• Showing Appreciation 108
  • Do what you always do - get what you always got
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2006, 14:15:26 pm »
I do this all the time!!! Luckily either dh or wake up, but sometimes dh says to me in the morning that he was up in the night and i have not known about it!!!
Clair - Proud Lesbian Mama to:

*Ruby - spirited angel
*Red - touchy angel
*Rory - all-round angel
*Raphael - blessed with another angel??

Offline Aiden and Marlo's Mama

• Showing Appreciation 10
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2006, 16:47:16 pm »
I thought for the longest time that Aiden was sleeping thru the night back when he was about 4 month old.  After a couple weeks, I had said something about being so happy Aiden was sleeping thru and dh goes, "Uh - no, hon.  I've been getting up with him and getting him back to sleep, you sleep through everything!"  :-[

Thankfully dh is a really light sleeper! 

So, absolutely no - you're definitely not the only one!!!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Lori

Offline Jaime

• Queen of the Wicker People
  • Administrator
  • Showing Appreciation 941
    • Laughable Lunacy
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2006, 20:27:21 pm »
yup, me too.  i can remember at least one night with each kid that i just never heard them crying.  dh - who is normally dead to the world when he's asleep - heard them and got them, but he had to get me up to feed them. 

oh, and then the couple of nights when i forgot to turn on the monitor....   :-[ :-[  at least his daddy radar was on!!
Jaime
~~~
DD - Textbook
DS - Touchy/Grumpy

Offline milliesmaw

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 8
« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2006, 20:40:52 pm »
Don't feel guilty! This happens to me too. I'm sure with dd I was much more prompt in responding. These days it seems to take me ages to register. Like you say, the dream becomes reality. As we have two monitors sometimes I wake up and can't tell who it is that is crying out. Once when dd was calling " mummy, mummy" I remember thinking in my befuddled brain that DS had learnt to talk already. As for dh he sleeps with a pillow over his head but will often say in the morning "waht happened last night. It took you ages to get up"  :P
He settles dd if she wakes so I can't complain too much. I laugh when people ask me if I'm not rushing in - give him a bit of time to see if he'll go back to sleep!!! No chance of that with my boy ::)
You are definitely not alone.
Jo

Mum to Millie
4th November 2003
and Benjamin
31 July 2005

Offline webfoot

• Showing Appreciation 7
    • Bug n' Belle
« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2006, 06:40:53 am »
Well thanks for the kind words and comiseration. I feel a lot better. I just felt so bad for sleeping through his cries.

Tanya

Kyle 12/27/01
Amy 3/28/03
Evan 4/12/05
Addy 4/29/10

Visit me on etsy!