Author Topic: Waking up at 5am  (Read 979 times)

Offline graceesmom

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: February 06, 2006, 18:07:32 pm »
My daughter is 8 1/2 months old.  She is on a great schedule, she takes 2 1 1/2-2 hour naps and goes to bed at 7:00pm but she is now waking up at 5:00am.  She used to sleep until 6:30-7:00am.  This is making me frusterated because I am not used to her getting up this early.  Is this ok for her to do now?  Is there anything that I should be doing to get her to sleep later?  Or am I just being too picky? :)
Thanks for the advice

Offline Jaime

• Queen of the Wicker People
  • Administrator
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 941
    • Laughable Lunacy
Re: Waking up at 5am
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2006, 20:29:04 pm »
around that age it does become normal to start sleeping 10-11 hours at night.  if she's waking happy... you might just have that.  you can always try pu/pd to extend her.

any chance she's started doing something new developmentally?  that can affect sleep too for a little while. 
Jaime
~~~
DD - Textbook
DS - Touchy/Grumpy

Offline RosieMum

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 4
  • Mum to Rosie - Spirited/Angel Live in UK
    • Families Forum
Re: Waking up at 5am
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2006, 20:47:01 pm »
My little 8 month old sometimes wakes at 5 but I leave her to resettle herself back to sleep and 9 times out of 10, she will.
Are you able to let her resettle herself or does she cry?
Come and visit us at Families Forum

Offline graceesmom

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2006, 23:11:05 pm »
Thanks for the feedback, I really appreciate it.  She wakes up happy at first then when we let her stay in bed with hopes that she will fall back asleep she gets angry and starts crying and won't stop until we come get her.  Then when we come in her room she is so happy and ready to start her day.  There is absolutely nothing different going on in her daily schedule.  Hopefully this will pass.  Do you think I should start trying to put her to bed a little later around 7:30pm and see if she wakes up any later?   ???
Thanks!