Author Topic: What to do if been rushing in too soon?  (Read 982 times)

Offline ashersmom

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 2
What to do if been rushing in too soon?
« on: February 07, 2006, 20:19:07 pm »
Hello---

HELP!

My husband and I have always rushed into our DS room when he begins to fuss.  We never really have let him fuss too much without going in to do PU/PD.  We have held a little too long on PU/PD and are trying to slowly fix this....but what do we do if DS is used to us coming in very soon after he starts fussing, and so now fussing quickly turns into all out crying if we don't rush in??  I have a hard time telling the difference b/n fussing and crying these days,   as what I thought was only 2 minutes of fussing the other night was actually a flood of genuine tears!    I NEVER would have guessed he was truly upset.  Anyway...any advice on how to break this habit?  Because DS wakes quite a bit in the night STILL (he's 8 months old!  Shouldn't he be sleeping thru??!!!) and I know it's because we've responded to quickly.

TIA!

Beth
Mom of Spirited Asher

Offline JWB's Mom

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 1
Re: What to do if been rushing in too soon?
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2006, 01:28:50 am »
Hi there, I don't have much advice for you other than to tell you that I'm in the same boat with you! I  have an eight month old who cries out several times a night now and I think I rush in too quickly too! I don't know how long to wait. I used to think I knew his mantra cry but I'm not so sure anymore.

Hang in there!

Julie (Jack's Mom)