Author Topic: Night wakings  (Read 1158 times)

Offline ~Faye~

• A TRUE FRIEND IS SOMEONE WHO SEES THE PAIN IN YOUR EYES WHILE EVERYONE ELSE BELIEVES THE FAKE SMILE .
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 369
  • If life hands you lemons ask for tequila and salt!
Night wakings
« on: February 08, 2006, 20:53:00 pm »
I need help. My 10 month old was doing really well and sleeping 12 hours at a time but since his last teeth cut about 3 weeks ago he keeps waking. It's every other night and when he wakes nothing i do will get him back to sleep until i take him into our bed and then i can't sleep. I'm exhausted!
Shay
Ziggy Sleep well xxx
Ellie
Darcy
http://postnatalillness.myfreeforum.org/index.php

Offline Katet

• Showing Appreciation 608
  • Sydney Australia
Re: Night wakings
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2006, 03:34:58 am »
Sounds like he has formed an association with going to sleep in your bed.

When they are teething/sick, it is easy for routines to go out the window, but they react when you change back. So you have to decide that he is going to stay in his bed now he is healthy & work at it for as long as it takes... unfortunately there is no magic easy solution.
dc1 July 03, dc2 May 05

Offline Superman'sMom

• Showing Appreciation 58
  • Hey Superman!
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2006, 03:41:44 am »
Kate is right. You always need to be consistent. If you want him to sleep in his bed you need to be consistent. Illness/teeth are always going to throw things off but as long as you are consistent as can be in the situation and afterwords things will be easier. If you are committed to getting him sleeping in his bed his will. You are going to have to lose some sleep and re train him but his is confused know. His little world got all mixed up. I would recommend you just go back to your old routine and deal with night wakings with pat shh or Pu.pd if needed. If you bring himinto your bed than you are teaching him that that is was is supposed to happen. I hope I don't sound too mean! I sound like a crazy dictator. I just am about to go to sleep and am in a hurry. Be strong! He will get back on kilter!
Chelsea

Mom to SPIRITED Aiden
Born 7/10/2005

Offline ~Faye~

• A TRUE FRIEND IS SOMEONE WHO SEES THE PAIN IN YOUR EYES WHILE EVERYONE ELSE BELIEVES THE FAKE SMILE .
  • Showing Appreciation 369
  • If life hands you lemons ask for tequila and salt!
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2006, 22:32:18 pm »
Thanks, I think I just needed someone to tell me firmly what I already knew. And its worked! ;D We still have the odd sleepless night (I think we are getting new teeth) but most of the time its 8 til 7ish.
Thankyou
Faye :-*
Shay
Ziggy Sleep well xxx
Ellie
Darcy
http://postnatalillness.myfreeforum.org/index.php

Offline Superman'sMom

• Showing Appreciation 58
  • Hey Superman!