Author Topic: habitual night wakings  (Read 1095 times)

Offline ashley12

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: February 09, 2006, 15:50:22 pm »
Hi, I am having a problem with my daughter waking around 5 times a night.  She has recently started pulling up in the crib and she wakes up, does this and then cries for me to come in and get her to sleep.  At first, it was only once or twice a night but now it is 5 times a night.  It is slowly getting worse and worse.  She is not hungry and there is no set times to these wakings.  I had wanted to do the sleep to wake but she is not consistent on when she wakes up (it is just happening a LOT.)  My husband is really putting on the pressure to let he cry herself to sleep but I really don't want to go there.  At the same time, I do not know what to do and I am seriously sleep deprived.  Any advice?  Please help!

Offline jessica5

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 2
Re: habitual night wakings
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2006, 19:46:12 pm »
How old is your daughter?  When my now two year old was first learning to pull herself up ( I think at around six or seven months), she did it in her crib at night.  She would stand up, then cry, I think because she didn't know how to sit back down and didn't want to fall.  I've heard that this is fairly common.  I went in and laid her back down when she cried out and she went back to sleep.  I think this went on for close to a week, off and on.  As she got used to pulling up and sitting down during the daytime, she stopped crying about it at night.

I hope this helps!
Jessica
mom to an Angel/Textbook Toddler & Spirited Baby

Offline Katet

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 608
  • Sydney Australia
Re: habitual night wakings
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2006, 21:29:40 pm »
I agree with the pp, my 8month old went through that last month & after spending a lot of time in the day teaching him how to get back down, things have improved... then he got sick, but that is another story... don't let her cry it out, as she could really get stuck & hurt herself... in the time it took me to get to my ds one night he had slipped & was caught in a very dangerous position & had I not got to him in 20secs, I do honestly believe he could have moved enough to have done some SERIOUS damage to his neck... so please keep responding & tell your dh that "you don't ignore him when he asks for help & crying is the only way your dd can ask for help, so why should you ignore her"... sorry I just hate it when the dh says "just let them cry it out"
dc1 July 03, dc2 May 05