Author Topic: Please help - need advice  (Read 1288 times)

Offline kezzi78

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 5
Please help - need advice
« on: February 09, 2006, 20:04:12 pm »
 :o Please help - I think we are very lucky with our five month old LO, but we are having problems with her waking every night at 4.00am.  Her normal routine is as follows:

Wake up 6.15am - talks and plays in crib for half an hour
Feed at 6.45am
Feed solids at 7.30am - baby cereal or petit filous yoghurt
stays awake till 8.30am/9.00am
sleep for 1/2 hour
bottle at 11.00am - with solids
sleep at 12.30  - for 1 1/2 hour
bottle at 3.00pm - with solids
sleep at 3.30 - 2 hours
bath at 5.00pm
bottle at 7.00pm
bed at 7.15 pm
dream feed at 10.00pm

My question is that although my Lo goes down well both for naps and nighttime sleeping, without help except for a dummy she is waking at 4.00am every day for her dummy(pacifier), this is obviously a example of accidental parenting, but unfortunately wake to sleep doesnt seem to work. We have had one night where she slept through the whole night although i hadnt done anything different during the day.

Has anyone got any suggestions, she is very light for her age only weighing 13 pounds 9oz. ::)
Amelie Grace's mum

Jo-FrasersMum

Re: Please help - need advice
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2006, 02:27:51 am »
Hi Kezia

Wow!!  You have such a great sleeper there!  Good for you.

I'm not sure what is happening at that 4am mark - is Amelie going back to sleep easily and quickly once you re-insert the dummy??  It sounds like the waking is habitual if she is - can you tell me what you did when you tried wake to sleep?

Thanks
Jo

Offline kezzi78

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 5
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2006, 11:04:22 am »
Tried wake to sleep last night and it seems to have worked. Amelie sleeps on her side, so last night i went in at 3.00am turned her on her side, re-inserted the dummy and she slept till 7.00am this morning.

How long do i have to do wake to sleep as last time we did it for 3 nights and it didnt work ?
Amelie Grace's mum

Jo-FrasersMum

« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2006, 10:04:37 am »
Hi Kezia

Glad to hear that it went ok for you last night - I would try the 3 nights again and see how it goes.  If on the 4th night she wakes up, try again for another 3

HTH
Jo

Offline kezzi78

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 5
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2006, 12:14:49 pm »
tried for three nights worked, left her to her own devices last night woke yet again at 3.55am looking for dummy. will try another three nights and see how we get on
Amelie Grace's mum

Jo-FrasersMum

« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2006, 00:56:38 am »
Hi Kezia

If the wake to sleep isn't working, but the dummy is - it could mean that Amelie has become accustomed to needing the dummy to get back to sleep.  In that case you would need to decide if you are going to try to eliminate the dummy - if you wish to do that you could ask for advice from the Props board or have a look at the gradual weaning sticky at the top of this board.

Good luck!
Jo