Author Topic: Can you post the schedule Tracy has in her book?  (Read 1374 times)

Offline Maia&Lia

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 5
Can you post the schedule Tracy has in her book?
« on: February 11, 2006, 16:38:18 pm »
I borrowed a friend's "Baby Whisperer Solves All Your Problems" book and in there I noticed that there was a "schedule" of what an EASY plan should look like once solids are introduced. I think it was in the back of the 3rd chapter--maybe. I was hoping someone who had the book would be able to post it on here since I don't have the book myself. Thanks!
Alessia
Mom to...

Offline HeatherC

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 79
Re: Can you post the schedule Tracy has in her book?
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2006, 03:30:22 am »
I couldn't find the schedule you are asking about, but when starting solids, it is common to have breast bottle feeding at normal time, followed by solids 1-1.5 hrs later.  It is recommended to try it this way so that baby does not fill up on solids b/c bmilk/formula are more important nutrition until 9-12 mos.  Also, by giving some time before feeding solids, your lo will have somewhat of an appetite to try them.  So, for example, if you lo feeds at 7 am, offer solids around 8-8:30, then probably some more A time, and then naptime as usuall.  You don't really have to shift your routine, you just offer a solids feeding during A time.  HTH
Kelsey, Feb. 4, 2005
Landon, Jan. 2, 2007

Offline Maia&Lia

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 5
Re: Can you post the schedule Tracy has in her book?
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2006, 03:49:10 am »
That does help, but does that mean that the nap should be less time? If I bf at 7 am, solids at 8/8:30...then should the nap still be around 9 am? BTW, my daughter is almost 9 months old but isn't eating many solids (we are introducing very slowly because of lots of family food allergies).

Any thoughts?

And I believe that the schedule is the very last page of the chapter about eating...I cannot remember if it is chapter 3 or 4. I'll see if I can borrow my friend's book again tomorrow.

Thanks again!
Alessia
Mom to...