Author Topic: Activity and toy ideas for 6-9mths  (Read 36274 times)

Offline chrissie1982

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 15
« Reply #30 on: January 26, 2008, 17:17:07 pm »
Hi OnyxRayne,
We tried the Knee Bouncers website last night and my 6 mo ds loved it! I don't think I've ever seen him so excited. Unfortunately I couldn't see his face as he was sat on my lap but according to DH he was absolutely mesmerized! Next time he can sit on Daddy's lap and play!

Thanks for the tip.

Chrissie  :)

Offline button

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 3
  • Hello from under the changing table!!! Ireland.
« Reply #31 on: February 05, 2008, 20:45:37 pm »
Oh so glad I read this topic. Was just thinking today my dd is not that interested in toys but likes phones, remotes, water bottles etc so was delighted when I read about the treasue basket-going to start one this evening. Also just  checked out the kneebouncer website-looks my great-my dd likes pressing the keys on our pc but hen nothing happens and she stops so this is great. Lots of other great tips in the earlier post too.

Offline weeza

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 3
  • Alex - born 9th July 2007
Re: Activity and toy ideas for 6-9mths
« Reply #32 on: February 18, 2008, 21:05:26 pm »
Wow! Some fantastic ideas here. Thanks girls. I shall definitely be trying some of them out with my little one   :)
Louisa

Offline nevviemama

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 1
« Reply #33 on: June 13, 2008, 14:03:52 pm »
Hello everyone, there are really some great ideas here and I will try some of them that I haven't thought of! And that kneebouncers site looks awesome!
I've given my lo a cordless phone receiver that's not in use, she really likes it as it looks like the one mummy uses! We also have an old remote (my friends concur that the real thing is better than the toy ones, they seem to know when you're trying to 'con' them with a toy version!). She loves my slippers and will commando on her belly (7mos) across the room to get at them, so I've given her a pair of her own soft shoes to play with and chew. She still comes after mine but plays with hers too.
She also loves clothes - when I dress her I drop something on her and she loves it, and then I start a game of where's baby by dropping it over her face and she pulls it off. So in her play area I leave socks, pants and tops for her to roll around with.
One thing she also likes is individual links that used to hang her toys on the gymini. She enjoys just one, or several linked together - she shakes them in one hand (when not too long).
Lucy
Neve's mum
Born: Oct 21, 2007

Offline denisei

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 4
« Reply #34 on: June 13, 2008, 17:15:59 pm »
- Go to your local pet store and check out the fish, birds and little animals.  It's free and you don't have to commit to a day at the zoo!
- DS LOVES when I do a funny voice for his stuffed animals and puppets.
- shake a sheet or light blanket with baby, cover baby for a second and do a super-size
peek-a-boo

Offline JJshappymum

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 6
« Reply #35 on: July 02, 2009, 13:28:28 pm »
There are alot of great ideas here! DS loves it when I take a bed sheet and play peekaboo. I let the sheet fall over him slowly like a parachute and then I quickly or slowly lift off him or slide it off. He has so many giggles!

Offline *Jo*

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 148
  • 3 wee monkeys and a Mamma
« Reply #36 on: September 17, 2009, 11:13:17 am »
that kneebouncers website is fantastic! Caleb gets super excited with the bubbles one, even DH and i were laughing our heads off at him, the only problem is i dont know how long our keyboard will hold up the way he was banging on it! oh well they are cheap enough to replace, the look on his face was priceless, cant buy that in a shop!

alethiaperry

« Reply #37 on: October 22, 2009, 16:56:46 pm »
Kneebouncers is a "favourite" on our computer now!  So fun.  We also love to play, "one little monkey jumping on the bed"... and when it's time to "fall down and bump(ed) his head", Shaden throws a giggle fit!  He loves to bounce on mommy and daddy's bed as a little monkey.

Offline AlanaCYK

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #38 on: November 02, 2009, 21:31:08 pm »
That Kneebouncers site is awesome! I only wish my 7 month old DS knew how to use it. When you put him in front of a keyboard, he just trys to pick it up and eat it. We call him the 5-minute-man because he only likes doing things for 5 minutes at a time....then he goes into meltdown mode. It's been difficult trying to figure out activities to fill 2-3 hours!

Offline LastofThree

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #39 on: December 20, 2009, 16:04:40 pm »
Wow I think y'all are much creative than I am - it was fun reading through all the suggestions...

Here's a link for toys that "fit" this age range from Playskool - I'm doing some online shopping now so thought I'd share this, esp since they have a coupon on their site too!

http://www.hasbro.com/playskool/en_US/shop/browse.cfm?N=63+605+260+60

Offline ~Sara~

• Showing Appreciation 264
« Reply #40 on: January 08, 2010, 20:18:16 pm »
We call him the 5-minute-man because he only likes doing things for 5 minutes at a time....then he goes into meltdown mode. It's been difficult trying to figure out activities to fill 2-3 hours!
Yes, DS is that kind of baby (for now), too.  It's a challenge.

Thanks for posting your ideas.  DS has a toy box full of--what I think are--fun toys for him.  He likes blocks and balls that jingle.  LOVES remotes and keyboards with a passion!  I think it's time we purge the baby toys (even though he got so many at christmas) and go with more real-world objects.

Oh, and the jumper he got not even 1 month ago, the one he could stay in for 30 minutes and all but launched out of your arms to get into, yeah...now will only do 5 minutes in it before fussing.  Gah!

We have found that he loves to play in his bath bubbles, so during the day--when it's not bath time--we let him play with some clean, soapy water.  He likes that...even when we both get a bit wet ::)
*formerly tersaseda*

Offline Manueli

• Showing Appreciation 15
  • big hugs
« Reply #41 on: January 09, 2010, 17:27:54 pm »
My DS seems to be discovering the small things like tags etc. He also loves it when I hang a thick string or wrapping bands on his activity mat so that he can try to grab it (wouldn't do that unsupervised though).
Manuela - Hayden (02 July 2009), Lukas (27 July 2011)

Offline Yazzie

• Showing Appreciation 63
  • Mummy's angel
« Reply #42 on: January 27, 2010, 18:53:11 pm »
Wow, love the ideas here, especially the Treasure Box, will start work on one tommorow..:)

This is a link to the online games on fisher price, ds loves to play peek-a-boo & we've actually reached a point where I can't sit with my laptop beside him because he'd leave anything he's doing & try to reach for the keyboard to play..:)

http://www.fisher-price.com/fp.aspx?st=2601&e=gamesByAge&mcat=game_infant&site=us

Adam's Mum

Offline Katchloe

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #43 on: August 05, 2011, 22:00:59 pm »
I love this post!!

Offline mamiblue

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #44 on: November 01, 2011, 19:56:58 pm »
the spirit of the tresure basket ist to leave the babies to manipulate and create connections between the objekts alone. mum doesn´t have to give or indicate anything, just stay in the room toghether as a companion who support a new discovery travel! the objekts in the basket doesnt be on plastic but all natuarl elements (the world is allready full of plastic, do our lo find plastic even here in ther basket?) The consentration of babies is really short first, max half an hour, or as lons as she decid. I can post the list of stuff from the book of eleonore goldsmith, who invented the treasure basket and the euristic play as well