Author Topic: staying awake thru night feeding  (Read 1119 times)

Offline M&M's Ima

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 3
staying awake thru night feeding
« on: February 15, 2006, 07:29:48 am »
ds wakes up once or twice at night after I've already gone to sleep. he nurses and falls back asleep. the thing is, by the time I'm finished nursing him, I'm fast asleep, so he ends up in my bed, often on my arm, most of the night. this means he doesn't sleep as well, nor do I, plus my back hurts every morning.
any one have any ideas? i know this sounds pretty silly, but i try so hard to put him right back, but cannot keep myself awake!

thanks
My boys:
Angel four year old
Spirited two year old
Very Sleepy Baby

Offline Sylvia.

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 232
Re: staying awake thru night feeding
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2006, 07:41:05 am »
your ds is still very young, i still feed my dd when ever she woke at 4 months, i always fed in her room in the darkness and then straight back to cot, i was lucky she was she a quick fed, just what i did

Offline Stacie:Emma&Josh Mom

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 11
  • USA/Texas/Austin
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2006, 13:06:06 pm »
Honestly I have to do something to stay awake since we're still feeding in bed.  I have a book I've been reading to keep myself awake.  I also feed sitting up so it's harder to get into a deep sleep even if I doze a bit.  With dd, I stayed awake easily after she was in her room at 2 months cause I sat up in the recliner and will do the same soon with this one.  HTH

Offline M&M's Ima

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 3
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2006, 17:23:07 pm »
sitting up i guess is the only thing that's gonna work, though i never want to when i'm more than half asleep. ds1 was in his own room very early, so i'd go in there and sit on the daybed, and i'd usually end up sleeping there a little, then wake up an hour later. though i could sleep thru til morning there too.
ds2 is still in my room, cuz he doesn't fall asleep so easily yet.
i like the reading a book idea. the light has to stay off so ds goes back to sleep right away, but i will look for a small music-performance lamp I have somewhere.
My boys:
Angel four year old
Spirited two year old
Very Sleepy Baby

Offline colenliam

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 11
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2006, 04:56:38 am »
Hi,
I always had the same problem as well.  Even when I was sitting up, in my livingroom, with the TV on, I would fall asleep with my head back and wake with a horrible kink in my neck.
It took about a week but I tried to not close my eyes and I focused on my lo face and keep telling myself how much better of a sleep I will have if I just stay awake this little time put him back in his crib and I can go back to my bed.  I still fell asleep a couple times but eventually I stopped.  I did really good for about 3 months and last night I fell asleep, we are teething right now, so sleep is scarce ;)
Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker" border="0" width="400" height="80