Author Topic: Healthy snacks....  (Read 1470 times)

Offline Carmela's Mom

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 9
« on: February 16, 2006, 02:21:33 am »
I know someone mentioned some healthy snack recipes for their toddlers.  Anyone have a recipe to share?  I'm thinking of maybe a healthy muffin or something along that line....we are going to a playdate and asked to bring a healthy snack and recipe to share with the group.

Offline Lulis

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
Re: Healthy snacks....
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2006, 05:50:26 am »
Hi! I guess you need something easy to prepare and fun for kids to eat, maybe a tuna sandwich cut in a fish shape, or something like that. Or you could get vegetable paintings and have kids to paint their own shandwich before eating it.

Offline mommyOfX

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 1
    • pillowhead designs
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2006, 00:41:39 am »
Here's a link to a healthy muffin recipe: http://bread.allrecipes.com/az/74935.asp

I make it regularly for Xavier.  I don't use all those different types of flour though, only whole wheat.  You can also decrease the amount of sugar by 1/4 or 1/2, and they still taste good.  It's so healthy as it has fruit, vegetables and yogurt in it.  It's like a complete meal in one muffin! :) :)
~*~*~*~
Angela (formerly X's mommy)
mommy to Xavier Ronan

my online shop: http://pillowhead.etsy.com

Diegos Mama

« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2006, 01:30:54 am »
We eat lots of houmus with whole wheat pita wedges.  My kids and their friends love it.

Food process 1 can chick peas, 1 clove raw garlic, juice of 1/2-1 lemon (as your taste prefers), salt (good amount) and fresh cracked pepper.  Whirl and stream in olive oil, quite a bit, maybe 1/2 cup?

I warm pita in the toaster oven and cut into wedges.  The kids truly LOVE this snack and it's very easy to make and very healthy!
« Last Edit: March 01, 2006, 19:34:39 pm by Diego's Mama »

Offline Meg's Mom

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 30
  • our girls
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2006, 23:38:01 pm »
Have a look at the topic "what did your toddler eat today"  pg 4 - we just posted 2 recipes that have been toddler approved by several :-)