Author Topic: Question about E  (Read 1208 times)

Offline fujbeck

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
Question about E
« on: February 18, 2006, 05:05:21 am »
Is it more important to have them EAT right after they wake up from SLEEP or to feed on more set intervals (i.e. every 4 hours)? I am trying to get DS on an EASY right now at 8.5 months (I know, kinda late) and if I fed him right when he wakes up from his naps it wouldn't end up being every 4 hours, it would be sometimes 3 hours, sometimes more than 4 hours. I could put some ACTIVITY time after his naps to make the feeding intervals even, but didn't know if that was best or if it's best to feed upon waking.
Joy

Offline Deb_in_oz

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 615
  • personal development blogger
Re: Question about E
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2006, 06:06:34 am »
at 8.5 mo i would focus most on hunger cues. as you are trying to fit in feeds and solids i woould aim for set feed and meal times and move them around according to hunger.

so if your lo wakes and takes a feed at 7/7:30 and you do solids around 8/8:30 most people woudl probably be aiming for nect feed around 11 and then solids afetr that and then feed after nap (usually is around 2:30/3:30) sdinner around 5 and last feed around 7. if lo is ever looking for lunch or dinner solids early i have always pushed them forward. eventually the 11 and 3pm feeds merge into 1 and some babies drop the 11 and others drop the 3. so at 8.5 mo you are entering the world of 3 meals at real B/L/D times with bottles or BF 4 times a day 4 hours apart. is all that clear (it is boiling hot where i am and my brain is a bit fuzzy  :))
Debra - a New Yorker living in Australia married to a Brit

dd1 - Textbook/Angel, born July 2003
dd2 - Spritied through & through, born Feb 2005

Check out my website:   Home Life Simplified
Like my Facebook page:  https://www.facebook.com/HomeLifeSimplified