Author Topic: help with outings  (Read 1260 times)

Offline 1sttime

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 2
« on: February 19, 2006, 19:30:22 pm »
Hi everyone, i have a 4 month old. My question is 2 days a week (church and a morning Bible study) I am out during his 1st morning nap. He is in nursery so he could take a nap, but he always sleeps for just 30-45min. then needs help going back to sleep. This isn't really possible in the nursery so he ends up with a short nap those days and is very tired after his next feed, only staying up 1-1 1/2 hrs. I have thought about trying to get him to nap 2 1/2 hrs for the 2nd nap to make up for a short 1st nap. Do you think this is reasonable? Otherwise his schedule is messed up and I spend the whole next day trying to get him back on track, so that means I have 4 days messed up. I'd love some advice. thanks
jamie

Offline mickymuscles

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 14
  • Edmonton, Alberta, CANADA
Re: help with outings
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2006, 04:44:11 am »
Is your lo still taking a catnap too?  It sounds reasonable enough to try and make up for lost day sleep by spreading it out over his other naps.  If he is still having a catnap...maybe just consider the first nap the catnap and the second and third nap the "real" naps??
Micky
mom to 2 beautiful boys!

Offline 1sttime

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 2
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2006, 23:24:21 pm »
Yes he does get a catnap in the evening. Maybe I will try that. Most days he seems to need more than 45min. at that last nap anyway. We'll see. Thanks for the reply
jamie

Offline Noelle

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 53
  • Eau Claire, WI
Re: help with outings
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2006, 03:41:17 am »
Hi  :)

I think it is reasonable, but try not to get frustrated if it doesn't work  ;)  As far as things being messed up, I think you are referring to EASY?  On days where they take short naps, it's ok to tweak EASY and feed before a sleep, or let them sleep longer through a feed to help get them back on track.  That is perfectly OK.  The main thing you want to avoid is feeding to sleep, so if feeding before a nap and they fall asleep, just give a him a diaper change before laying him down so that he goes down awake.

HTH  :)
**Noelle**  Formerly JohnandZoesMom