Author Topic: Not really night waking...more like early morning waking...  (Read 975 times)

Offline SleeplessSam

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
Not really night waking...more like early morning waking...
« on: February 25, 2006, 15:14:35 pm »
Just wondering if anyone else is going through this?  My 7mo is on a 4 hour easy and does pretty well with it.  She generally follows the schedule with 2 1-1.5 hr naps and a catnap in the late aft.  She goes to bed by 7:30 and used to sleep until 6:30.  She recently figured out how to pull herself from sitting to standing and how to roll accross a room.  As soon as that happened she started waking at 5am!  I have been trying to leave her there (playing and squacking but not crying) until 6 at the very least.  She doesn't seem to care.  THis has gone on for about a week now.  I'm not sure what to do.  If I go in there she is WIDE awake and ready to go.  I read that you shouldn't put her down any later...so now what?  PU/PD is a no no here...she just gets NUTS and it gets us nowhere (we tried it for months with naps and discovered my hand on her belly was sufficient to calm her).  If I go in and put my hand on her tummy when she gets upset she just stops crying and plays (which now is kinda funny but at 5am is NOT).  If I leave her alone for that hour she keeps us awake which is getting really old really fast.  Anybody have any suggestions?  TIA!!

Offline Katet

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 608
  • Sydney Australia
Re: Not really night waking...more like early morning waking...
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2006, 05:46:27 am »
Sounds to me it might be time to move to 2 naps a day, the extended A time should help that as I am thinking she just isn't tired enough to sleep past 5am. The fact that she mostly plays happily on her own says she has been getting sufficient sleep

It took us about a month of some no cat nap days & others with a cat nap, before we totally swapped over at about 8months old.
We had some days where I had to put him down about 6pm (his bedtime with a catnap was 7.30pm) & others it was more like 7.30pm... but now we are fully on 2 naps he pretty much sleeps 7pm-7am, which he has stopped doing from about 6.0mo & the wake up times got earlier & earlier & he was harder & harder to get to bed at night.
dc1 July 03, dc2 May 05