Author Topic: frequent wakings, what's the cause?  (Read 1545 times)

Offline tinytatsmom

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 7
  • I am working hard!!
frequent wakings, what's the cause?
« on: February 26, 2006, 23:00:47 pm »
 :(Help!!
My 8.5 month old has been doing frequent night wakings for about 3 months.  She slept 10.5 hours previous to getting a cold.  I am
confused on what the cause is.  Some nights it is on 2 or 3 times and others too many to count.  I rarely pick her up and hardly ever feed so any clue why she is waking?
She eats good and it doesn't seem to matter if she naps good or crappy.  She is on a 4 hour feed routine.
Anybody with any suggestions would be much appreciated.
tinytatsmom

Jo-FrasersMum

Re: frequent wakings, what's the cause?
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2006, 23:23:35 pm »
Hi tinytatsmom

I rarely pick her up and hardly ever feed so any clue why she is waking?

So what do you do when DD wakes?  And how does DD go to sleep at the beginning of the night?

Cheers
Jo

Offline tinytatsmom

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 7
  • I am working hard!!
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2006, 02:12:21 am »
We are really working on getting her to fall asleep in her crib and when she wakes it is usually just a pat or sshh for a very short time.
For about the past 2 days I have been able to get her to fall asleep in her crib with wind down time, and pat and ssh once in her crib.  The only time she gets a bottle is only if she absolutely will not go back to sleep, maybe once a week.  I am hoping if we get her to  fall asleep on her own at bedtime it will help the night wakings.
tinytatsmom

Offline Sylvia.

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 232
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2006, 03:30:27 am »
no advise just a hope that things improve, this can be a very difficult time, how long do you let dd cry/call out before you go in to her room?

Jo-FrasersMum

« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2006, 04:55:15 am »
Hi again

I think you are doing a great job and that your plan of getting DD to fall asleep independently at the beginning of the night is spot on!  Night wakings are so common at this age - you have a great plan to try and work on them so I would recommend you keep it up, and let us know how you get on after doing it for a week or so.

Good luck!!

Jo

Offline tinytatsmom

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 7
  • I am working hard!!
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2006, 02:40:31 am »
hi Jo,
Things are somewhat better, she has had some really good nights and some so so nights.  She isn't waking every 45 minutes anymore, more like every 90 minutes.  All though now I suspect she is teething, not totally sure as she has yet to get a tooth.  But she has runnier poops, a little crabby and nawing away at things.  My doctor suggested advil and gravol for pain and to help her sleep.  We did this last pm and only 2 wakings did I have to get up for.  One she put herself back to sleep, yeah!!
Thanks again for the support,
tinytatsmom

Offline Sylvia.

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 232
« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2006, 02:46:54 am »
sounds like you are having a better time, well done