Author Topic: New Food Morning Only?  (Read 1148 times)

Offline Mom to M&M

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 128
  • Cool dude!
New Food Morning Only?
« on: February 27, 2006, 22:12:55 pm »
Just started solids with DD (6.5 months) and Ped had us skip cereals because of her constipation issues. We did avocado for 4 days and it went pretty well. Want to try carrots tomorrow.

Right now I am giving her the solids about 1 hour after first morning bottle and again 1 hour before last bottle/dinner bottle. So 2 meals.

I know to start new foods in the morning so plan to do that with the carrots tomorrow. But if it seems to go OK, do I try them again in the evening? Or stick with the avocado for the first day and wait to do carrots again next morning?

DD does have a sensitive tummy...
Karen: Proud Mama to Marisa (8-11-05) and Matthew (6-5-09) and happily married to my best friend and love of my life since 10-13-01

Offline teezee

• Showing Appreciation 157
Re: New Food Morning Only?
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2006, 05:17:23 am »
i would personally just do the new food first thing in the morning and then wait til the next day and do it again.  do the food that is already passed the test later that day or in the evening.
Tawnya
Mommy to Alecksandria
June 11, 2005

Offline teezee

« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2006, 05:18:55 am »
oh and my  lo has a bad tummy too and even though it says that it should be out of their systems after 4 hrs or something like that - a food i give my lo in the morning seems to affect my lo throughout the night if it doesn't agree with her.
Tawnya
Mommy to Alecksandria
June 11, 2005

Offline Mom to M&M

• Cool dude!
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2006, 11:09:26 am »
Thanks - will do that then - give her the carrots this morning and the avocado this evening. So if that works tomorrow i can/should carrots at both meals?
Karen: Proud Mama to Marisa (8-11-05) and Matthew (6-5-09) and happily married to my best friend and love of my life since 10-13-01

Offline teezee

« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2006, 16:15:05 pm »
if u are concerned that there may be worry for a reaction i would keep doing the new food in the morning for a couple days first, if u don't have a concern then one day should be ok.  it's really your call - i was very strict with how i introduced new foods at first but then really didn't go to the same extent after the intial fruits and veggies were introduced.
Tawnya
Mommy to Alecksandria
June 11, 2005

Offline Mom to M&M

• Cool dude!
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2006, 16:51:38 pm »
Thx... Am now worried that she may have in fact reacted to avocado. Bad rash - like excema on her forehead. Started about when we started avocado and has gotten worse. But no rash elsewhere and no other signs... Can't tell what is going on. Argh.

Offline teezee

« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2006, 19:03:20 pm »
i would definately discontinue with the avocado!! continue introducing other new foods and maybe try the avocado in a few weeks and see if the same thing happens. hope everything clears up!  :)
Tawnya
Mommy to Alecksandria
June 11, 2005