Author Topic: Frequent waking EEearly in the morning.  (Read 1237 times)

Offline julieetheperky

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 5
Frequent waking EEearly in the morning.
« on: February 28, 2006, 04:57:01 am »
Hello~
My 10mo DD has not been a good sleeper since birth. But these days I see her sleeping is getting better and better -
except.... she wakes up several times at 4am, 5:30-6am if not 3am, 5am. (on a unlucky day, she wakes up 2am, too.)
She can sleep on her own.
I'v looked for similar cases, but I couldn't find.

Her easy is like this;
7:00 wake and BF
8:00 breakfast
9:30 1st nap (for 1.5hr, occasionally wakes up 45min. mark)
11:00 wake and BF(or snack)
12:30 lunch
2:30 2nd nap (for 1 - 1.5hr, but sometime only 45min)
4:00 wake and BF
5:00 dinner
6:30 bath, BF, massage, book
7:20-40 bedtime.

She is a textbook baby (also some spirited).
She is very small - only 15 lbs 7 oz. (that weight is almost average for 4 mo old and under even 5%ile for 10mo girl.)
But her ped. said my dd is a healthy and very alert baby, so there's no need to worry about her weight yet. just like I'm small too.(but I'm at least 25%ile  :()
These day, She is practising standing herself up.

When she wakes up at 2/3am, I just get her sleep back with or without patting - easily she goes back to sleep.

but 4am waking is little bit different. hardly she goes back to sleep and cries a lot.
I think she's hungry because she is small, so now I just feed her. - she has a good feed.
When I put her down on her crib, she babbles about 10-15min and goes back to sleep.
(I tried tanking her up during day. but until now, no luck.)

But she wakes up 5.30 or 6am again - also lots of cry. I put her down, and she fusses a bit for 5min, then goes back to sleep.
(sometime she just starts a day.)

You think it's a developmental milestone?(but she always wakes up several times a night!!)

Ah, one more question.. when she wakes up in the morning. she quite cries a lot.
(because of her cries, my morning mood is baaaaaaaaaaad, but in 30min, I start loving her again~  ;D)
but after nap, she fusses a bit, or just calls me "uh.. uh.. uh.."
Why is she crying that much in the morning? Do I something wrong?

Any Idea would be helpful. Thanks.

Offline Katet

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 608
  • Sydney Australia
Re: Frequent waking EEearly in the morning.
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2006, 10:01:41 am »
Could she be cold at that time of the morning??

I also think if she is small then her tummy would be small & so she probably needs that extra 4am feed & if it settles her then I'd stick with it

The other thing is maybe she needs a longer first awake time so maybe delay her nap until 10am, I found with ds#1 that he was unsettled between 4& 7am when he had a nap too early

HTH
dc1 July 03, dc2 May 05

Offline olleezmom

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 4
Re: Frequent waking EEearly in the morning.
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2006, 14:58:24 pm »
My seven month old DS is doing the same thing now!  It is 5, 5:30 or 6 when he wakes, and there is nooo getting him back to sleep!  He used to sleep until 7 or 7:15.  I keep thinking I'll try wake to sleep around 4:30, but then he'll sleep until 7 that  time!  I'm at at loss of what to do.
When he does this, he'll fall alseep at his 7 BF, and throw the whole rest of the day off.  I feel like I need to do something, but I'm not sure what I can do to make his sleep more consistent so I don't have to start praying he'll go back to sleep every time I hear him early.